“My first time in Appia, but not first time in Cannes...”
Review of Appia Hotel

Appia Hotel
Ranked #86 of 126 Hotels in Cannes
Reviewed 29 June 2015

For years, I attend the Cannes Lions Advertising Festival every mid-June.

Since accommodation in the town is so expensive, I have become somewhat of an expert on 1-star accommodation near the Palais du Festivals or La Croisette.

This year, I booked myself into Appia, having tried many other similarly priced hotels in Cannes before. I must say I was pleasantly surprised. The hotel can also pas off as a two-star place.

I stayed in a normal single room, and the bed was very comfortable and wifi steady. My room was promptly cleaned every day with ample towels in place.

Apart from the friendly staff who opened the doors even when I returned late, I found their non-smoking hotel-wide policy really refreshing in Cannes' nicotine-laced atmosphere. They also helped me with restaurant advice and other stuff like getting a cab for me to the airport.

Here are my personal reasons why I will return to Appia next year.

It is near the train station (5 minutes walk) which can take you to Monaco, St Tropez, or Grasse for a good day-trip. Appia is also near the market and my favourite kebab shop that stays open till 1am, very important since most restaurants close by 11pm.

Bases on my previous experiences in hotels nearer the Croisette, the party din could spoil one's sleep. I found the Appia close to the Palais (10 mins walk) and yet far enough from the maddening crowd and loud parties, that can go on late into the night.

Now that I discovered all this, next year I'll probably upgrade my room because it is worth it. Oh before I forget, there's a good North Indian restaurant and two Chinese food shops that both do takeaways only a stone throw's away.

I also discovered a laundry shop just minutes from the hotel, so next year I will not ask the hotel to send my washing out. I will go there myself and save quite a bit.

Au Revoir!

Room Tip: Choose the main part of the hotel with the lift.
  • Stayed: June 2015, travelled on business

Reviewed 28 May 2015

overall, experience was good. room was really small, but clean. if i wanted to brush my teeth i couldnt stand in the bathroom. it was conveniently located and a short walk from the station. breakfast was a problem. limited choice

• Stayed: May 2015, travelled on business
Reviewed 20 April 2015

Location is sometimes everything and you don't need during Your business trip nothing more than have a good sleep in quiet environment. This is not a luxury hotel and i have seen more comfortable rooms :), but a good value in busy season.

• Stayed: April 2015, travelled on business
Reviewed 20 April 2015

I stayed for the fourth time in the hotel Appia. I stayed there for 6 nights last week for MIPDOC and MIPCOM. Small family owned hotel, very friendly staff, always ready to help. Rooms are small, but very clean. The free WiFi works perfect. The hotel is quiet, although close to all necessary facilities. Close to the market (Place Gambetta), supermarket, pharmacy, various shops, restaurants and cafes. Only 5 minutes from the main railway station, less than 10 minutes from Palais the Festivals, and garage is in the neighbourhood.
A good value for money.

• Stayed: April 2015, travelled on business
Reviewed 18 February 2015

The breakfast is nice and there is friendly staff, but otherwise somewhat discouraging. The bathroom was somewhat unpleasant. The rooms are cramped, oddly shaped and feel shoddy and worn out. The WiFi is sketchy at best.
For what I understood, this is unfortunately how an average hotel in Cannes looks, so given the price this one is probably a good value for money.

Stayed: September 2014, travelled on business
Also consider these accommodations in or near Cannes
Azurene Royal Hotel
Jardin Albert 1er
Hotel le Petit Trianon
Hotel le Petit Trianon
#132 of 203 in Nice

Been to Appia Hotel? Share your experiences!