“Wonderful, peaceful place”
Review of Astor Hotel

Astor Hotel
Ranked #3 of 47 Hotels in Juan-les-Pins
Reviewed 28 August 2017

When we booked a room in Astor Hotel we had some doubts (studio for 3) - we have never been there before, so we wondered how it really going to be. All our doubts was for nothing - it was one of the best holidays ever.

Astor Hotel is a wonderful, peaceful place. It is close both to the Juan Les Pins centre and Antibes centre as well. You can easily choose where you want to spend evening. Although close to the centre, it is in quiet part of Juan Les Pins, so you don't have to bother about sleepless night. In less than 5 minutes you can go to the train station in Juan Les Pins from where you can start your trip for example to Nice or Cannes. In less than 10 minutes walking there is a public beach, so if you don't want to spend money in private beaches, you can choose this option (although I recommend walking slightly longer - next 5 minutes walking you will find another public beach which is bigger and less crowded).

I really have to mention owners, who are very kind, helpful, and their positive energy fills whole hotel. They both did their best for us to have great stay at Astor Hotel - we felt secure, and more like visiting friends than being in the hotel.

In short words: I really recommend Astor Hotel for everyone who wants to visit French Riviera. We have just returned home and already missing that place.

Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Reviewed 21 August 2017

We've just got back after a week long stay in this absolute little gem. Our room (25) was beautifully clean and the bed lovely and comfy. Air con works a treat and the fridge in the room was an unexpected extra - and very handy. There's a self-vend coffee machine (0.70 Euro cup) which served as a very handy morning coffee before we headed out. We didn't try the hotel breakfast but I suspect it would be fabulous, given the care and attention shown in the rest of the hotel. We hired a car and parked at the hotel easily every day - there were also spaces in the roads outside. Parking when out and about can be tricky in August - we had a Fiat 500 and always found a space. Big cars might not be so lucky!
J-C and Isabelle are excellent hosts - they will leave you alone or you can chat every day, it's really up to you. We booked late through Expedia so didn't have a balcony but that in no way mattered - it would really have been the icing on the cake. We've already spoken to JC about booking again for next year. Yes, summer in the Cote D'Azur is busy but this hotel is cool and calm, close enough to be part of the buzz if you want but an easy escape to a peace if you prefer.

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Claire L
Reviewed 5 August 2017 via mobile

I try and stay at Astor Hotel whenever I can get a weekend off - their philosophy of peace and a relaxed atmosphere is incredible, it's a gorgeous area, the owners are wonderful and so helpful with anything you need!
The rooms are spacious, clean and well furnished, and the wifi always works a treat!
The €8 breakfast is the morning the a great way to start the day, and getting to sit outside on the terrace with the smells of summer flowers is the icing on the cake.
I consider Astor my home away from home and would recommend it (particularly the ground level and above floors!) to anyone!

Stayed: August 2017, travelled solo
Reviewed 21 July 2017

I've got a nice large room with small balcony and a small kitchen. Everything was clean and tidy. The beds were a bit hard for me but after a couple of days they felt Ok . Near trainstation, beach and both Antibes and Juan-les-pines.

Stayed: July 2017, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Reviewed 1 July 2017

I stayed here on my own, and felt at home immediately. My room on the basement floor was very spacious and clean with plenty of wardrobe space, and medium-sized bathroom. I like the little hippy 'peace' touches around the hotel. The location was great- a 6 minute walk to the station, and about a 20 minute walk into Antibes with lots of shops, bars and restaurants. Loved this area- much more character than Cannes in my opinion. The couple are very chilled and friendly- and kindly let me leave my cabin bag for a few hours so I could enjoy my last day without dragging it around. The only thing I'd pick at is the 8 euro breakfast- lovely though the bread and jam was, it would have been better with a bit of substance (e.g. eggs, cheese or yogurt). In any case, I will definitely be back! Merci!

• Stayed: June 2017, travelled solo
Also consider these accommodations in or near Juan-les-Pins
0.6 km away
0.4 km away
Hotel Le Pre Catelan
Hotel Le Pre Catelan
#20 of 47 in Juan-les-Pins

Been to Astor Hotel? Share your experiences!