“Nicoise cuisine with an incredible view”
Review of Coco Beach

Coco Beach
Ranked #739 of 1,974 Restaurants in Nice
Cuisines: French
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Mont Boron
Description: This place is temporarily closed due to a fire.
Reviewed 28 November 2015

Coco Beach has been around forever and the food is excellent. You can taste Nicois specialities or eat fresh produce from the sea. Their bouillabaisse is renowned. Perched on the corniche above the Nice coast eating at Coco Beach is a full on experience! Go there if you have something special to celebrate but you must book in advance.

Reviewed 2 October 2015

Coco Beach has been an integral part of the 20th century history and the glamour of the whole Côte d'Azur since the days of the early jet-setters... The geographic situation and view of the sea and coastline from the Coco Beach is one of the best on a sunny summer's evening.
This restaurant remains certainly one of the finest "simple" fish and seafood establishments in Nice today.
Indeed, the whole gastronomic ethos of always serving simple and freshly caught, cooked and served fish has been sustained at Coco Beach over the generations.
I returned to Coco Beach in June for a family reunion and we enjoyed a marvellous and varied spread of seafood - simply prepared and simply served.
The welcome was warm and charming.

Reviewed 11 September 2015

All the reviewers on tripadvisor seem to say that there is no restaurant that has a better view of Nice than the Coco Beach, and I surely must agree.

We got there when they opened at 19:30 which gave us a great view of the sun setting over Nice and the bay. I just wish I’d taken a better camera, taking pictures directly into the sunset doesn’t work too well on my iPhone.

In the entrance hang photos of famous visitors to the restaurant. Unfortunately I think they were nearly all French, but I did at least recognize David Niven.

We started out by ordering a glass of Champagne which came with a dish of olives, probably the smallest olives I’ve ever eaten, but delicious all the same.

The waiter came with a tray of fresh whole fish. He explained them to us in good English and told us both the English and French names. We picked the Loup or Sea Bass.

This was followed by what I think of as a mini-pizza (about one inch square) together with a dish of deep fried fish chunks. Yummy!

Then came my starter, mussels in the house sauce. The mussels were tasty and the sauce good, I mopped up the last of the sauce with my bread.

We were then shown the fish which had been grilled over a wood burning fire. It was then filleted and served with salad and vegetables. The fish was delicious and I’m glad they didn’t drown it in a white wine or cream sauce.

We decided to share the dessert between two, because one each would be too much after such a feast.

All this we washed down with a bottle of locally produced white wine.

The bill came to just over 100 euro per person, and I feel it was worth every cent.

Our hotel said that we should book a table, which they did for us.

I would certainly eat here again.

Reviewed 31 August 2015

Just off Nice port is one of my very favourite restaurants on the Riviera. It's called CoCo Beach. It's in the most beautiful part of Nice. There are no tourists here. It took me years to discover. Have lunch here. If you like fish you'll be in heaven. Views are insane. It's an old world joint so may not be everyone's cup of tea. Sometimes I like it crusty.

1  Thank Justine T
Reviewed 30 August 2015

Beautiful position with lovely views in early evening. However the dining experience was very disappointing in all other respects. The dinner was also unexpectedly expensive given the food standard and also compared to other similar priced fish restaurants in South of France and elsewhere. We have a home here and dine out a lot? The faded pictures of celebrities in the entrance may be illustrative. The fish was described by all as poor to very average. The rest of the dish was surprisingly basic and uninspiring.

1  Thank Andrew D