“Yummy ! Fresh seafood !!”
Review of Chez Freddy

Chez Freddy
Reserve with
Chez Freddy is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #1,463 of 2,026 Restaurants in Nice
Price range: US$25 - US$67
Cuisines: French, Mediterranean, Seafood, Grill
Good for: Groups
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Delivery, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Old Town / Vieux Nice
Description: Located cours saleya in Nice,one of the most famous place of the French Riviera , in the old city , you will enjoy to stay on the big terrace for your diner all the year.Chez freddy you'll find a very large choice of seafood, fish, meat, pasta, salads and our specialities of Paellas, Aiolis, and Bouillabaisses. You can also opt for the set menu with not less than 10 choice of starters, main courses and desserts.All the first floor of the restaurant is the kitchen where the chefs prepare the dishes , from the starters to the desserts, all is home made and the team is almost the same from the opening date, 9 years ago .Every day you have the flower market on this place and every Monday the antiquity market .Chez Freddy restaurant is open 365 days a year, all the day from 11.30 am to 11.30 pm,.W'll be very honored to welcome you in our restaurant on the place from 2004. We welcome around 80 000 customers every year, coming from the area and from all the world and often coming back years after years.See you soon Chez Freddy !!!ps we have menu in english,russian,italiano,german,chinese!!!!!
Reviewed 18 December 2016 via mobile

We had an excellent meal, we start with oysters #4 / oursins / shrimps ( just amazingly fresh) and vongole ( called amande)
Then a sea misto frito served with big green salad and a sea bass served with risotto / boiled potatoes and ratatouille
Super good ( see the pics)

Write a ReviewReviews (1,447)

Reviewed 6 December 2016

I had a lunch at Chez Freddy at Cannes the day before I had lunch at Nice. I would say that the food were nice but the waiters weren't as considerate as those at Cannes. We were the only table in the restaurant. (Another table was at outdoor area) I ordered 2 fish soup and ask them to split it into 3 bowls for us to share. But apparently they don't understand what I asked. But the waiter at Cannes would suggest to do so without our request. That was very consdierate.

The foods were very enjoyable though.

Reviewed 27 November 2016

I had lunch here today. It is in the old town near many other restaurants, which appeared to be the only area open for lunch on Sunday. We sat in an enclosed area just outside and there was seating outside and inside. The focus here is seafood, but there is also pizza and other items. I had the salmon tartare with fries, which was good and large. My friend had a three course meal, which was good and filling. There was a good choice of wine, but I thought they were high priced. They were out of the first wine I oredered. We saw people have large plates of seafood, which looked nice. Overall a good meal in a tourist area.

Reviewed 4 November 2016 via mobile

Stumbled in while hitting the flower market---out of the dozens of places on the walk I think we hit the best!

Had the Spaghetti Freddy and Salad Niçoise - both off the charts.

Spaghetti was in a beautiful light white wine, garlic pesto with tons of seafood- was plenty for two people! Salad was spectacular - other food around us was spectacular - the chilled seafood plates were huge!

Do yourself a favor---eat here!

Reviewed 30 October 2016 via mobile

The best shell fish I have had in years very fresh and popular with the locals expensive wine list but otherwise very reasonable