“Great value sushi in a relaxed and friendly atmosphere!”
Review of Sushi Bar

Sushi Bar
Ranked #437 of 2,002 Restaurants in Nice
Price range: US$10 - US$72
Cuisines: Sushi, Japanese
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations, Takeout
Neighbourhood: Old Town / Vieux Nice
Description: Located in the Heart of vieux Nice, 100% sushi bar is one of a kindAll the chefs are japanese sushi women .The food is done upon ancestral ways with a gourmet touchPrice list did not change since 3 years and the menu for 2 is a real good offer as it is a soup, 24 pieces of sushi and 4 yakitori all for 29 for 2
Reviewed 12 March 2017

When in Nice we always eat at 100% sushi. It's in a quirky location in the heart of the Vieille Ville, and it's consistently good. Last time I tried the 'all you can eat' offer which was extremely good value, I think 15 Euros and I could have had more if I'd wanted! My husband went a la carte as usual but still ate plenty without breaking the bank! Staff are always friendly and pleasant.

Reviewed 25 January 2017 via mobile

It was quite a disappointing experience especially in terms of service. Looks like there is a difference in the way the personnel treats locals and foreigners. No water offered, no sweets which were given to locals were given to us... wouldn't recommend this place.

Claude A, Responsable relations publiques at Sushi Bar, responded to this reviewResponded 15 February 2017

No, we are treating every customer the same ..........regarding water, you should have asked for it .....this is the law in France to bring you tap water if asked but ....this is not automatic
Regarding sweets, they come with coffee or tea, if you did not order one of them then you are not entitled to get sweets ......
But if you have asked for it , it would have been a pleasure to offer one
Do not look and write a bad review.....ask.... and you will get an aswer or a gift !!!!!!

Reviewed 24 January 2017 via mobile

The sushi was nothing special and the server was very rude.Not recommended at all.
The worst sushi I ever had in Nice.

Worst sushi you ever had .....Isn't it a little too rude ......
Take a look at the other comments, it seems that you are not on line with them .

While trying to reply to your bad comment, I took the opportunity to look at your profile and then i did understood ..... there is no good restaurant . you go to restaurants just to write bad reviews ......we are just another one.........

Reviewed 21 January 2017 via mobile

Very good sushi, had the lunch all you can eat for €15. You get plates of 24pc with salmon, shrimp avocado, cheese and cucumber. Nice and good value :)

Reviewed 26 September 2016 via mobile

I went here with my girlfriend last night. I'm a HUGE fan of sushi and have eaten it all over the world, mostly in my home town in Toronto.

This sushi was very okay. I had pretty high hopes because it was by the water and one of our travel guides suggested it. We got the dinner for two which came out to around 50 euros. It wasn't a lot of food and had a lot of very mediocre maki.

The rolls and some of the sushi all came with cilantro and mint leaves, which I've never had before in sushi. I really hate cilantro, so I wasn't into that. I wasn't a fan of the mint leaves either. It might be the way France prepares their sushi, I just wasn't expecting it.

All in all, 50 euros was very expensive for a plate that left me hungry and didn't taste very good. Service was nice, the place was packed so it had a cool vibe, and some of the plates I saw other people order looked a lot better than mine. Could have potential.

Claude A, Responsable relations publiques at Sushi Bar, responded to this reviewResponded 27 September 2016

Thanks for having posted a comment
For sure, Toronto sushi are the best in the world (just tell me why ???)
You are used to a certain kind of sushi and you feel that if its not the same than in your country then it is not tasty........i thought that sushi goers were open mind
As per your description you are talking of spring rolls sushi . Effectively it comes with cilentro and mint ..... which is the aim of all the spring rolls in the world ... but probably it is different in TORONTO .......Too bad, in Toronto the ones you had, were not real spring roll !!!!!
In an other hand, our staff is dedicated to explain every kind of plate we are serving . You should have had ask for it ......and then no disapointment
Do not hesitate to come back and have the plate that looked better than yours
Also, apparently you had the menu DEGUSTATION which is 32 pieces and include a RISOTTO MISO as starter .