“Great Sushi”

Sushi Bar
Ranked #328 of 2,081 Restaurants in Nice
Price range: US$10 - US$72
Cuisines: Sushi, Japanese
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, After-hours, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations, Takeout
Neighbourhood: Old Town / Vieux Nice
Description: Located in the Heart of vieux Nice, 100% sushi bar is one of a kindAll the chefs are japanese sushi women .The food is done upon ancestral ways with a gourmet touchPrice list did not change since 3 years and the menu for 2 is a real good offer as it is a soup, 24 pieces of sushi and 4 yakitori all for 29 for 2
Reviewed 21 May 2017 via mobile

Great sushi, wonderful service. They even accepted AMEX! I wasn't aware at the time, however the day service is takeaway only until evening.

Reviewed 13 May 2017

Ok sushi for ok prices. I choose the 'à volonté' option, which i thought meant 'eat whatever and how much you want'. But it was a set plate, you could not choose. After finishing this, i was asked if i wanted a second plate. I was never going to finish that, so i asked for just a few of my favorite sushi and this time they let me choose. I liked the sushi. Not the best i've had but far from the worst. The price was reasonable. The place was busy and that kept the staff on their toes. They were somewhat stressed but did their best to be patient and friendly.

Claude A, Responsable réception at Sushi Bar, responded to this reviewResponded 15 May 2017

Thanks for your comment
The "à volonté" formula is clearly described on the billboards all over the restaurant and on the menu itself :
SUSHI MAKI and CALIFORNAI ROLLS
If you wanted something different, then you could have choose other formulas or "à la carte" .
Thanks god, as you mention, the place is busy and we try not to make feel it by our customers

Reviewed 12 April 2017 via mobile

We wanted sushi and this looked like a nice place. We ordered the degustation menu, but apart from the opening miso risotto, there was little to it. Too much rice to fish ratio and the rice was also too glutinous for my taste. Kirin beer was good as always and staff was friendly. Guests looked like they enjoyed themselves.

Reviewed 12 March 2017

When in Nice we always eat at 100% sushi. It's in a quirky location in the heart of the Vieille Ville, and it's consistently good. Last time I tried the 'all you can eat' offer which was extremely good value, I think 15 Euros and I could have had more if I'd wanted! My husband went a la carte as usual but still ate plenty without breaking the bank! Staff are always friendly and pleasant.

Reviewed 25 January 2017 via mobile

It was quite a disappointing experience especially in terms of service. Looks like there is a difference in the way the personnel treats locals and foreigners. No water offered, no sweets which were given to locals were given to us... wouldn't recommend this place.

Claude A, Responsable relations publiques at Sushi Bar, responded to this reviewResponded 15 February 2017

No, we are treating every customer the same ..........regarding water, you should have asked for it .....this is the law in France to bring you tap water if asked but ....this is not automatic
Regarding sweets, they come with coffee or tea, if you did not order one of them then you are not entitled to get sweets ......
But if you have asked for it , it would have been a pleasure to offer one
Do not look and write a bad review.....ask.... and you will get an aswer or a gift !!!!!!