“Tuna Steak”

Cuisines: Delicatessen, Bar, Wine Bar
Good for: View
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 3 May 2015

I had the tuna steak that was covered in sesame seed. It was done perfect, great flavour and great value. The $5 Euro Mojito's are also delicious.

1  Thank Kim C

Reviewed 3 March 2015

We had stopped in the old port at mid-day, parked on the quay, and mooched around. The Paloma looked ok. It was great. The selection between good-sized salads, platters and others was excellent. A 50ml bottle of local rosé, great coffee. 75€ for the three of us. Outside end of February, Old Port, Nice, what a great life!

1  Thank BartieAveyron
Reviewed 22 February 2015

In late February my wife and I and our two teenage children traveled to Nice for a few days to escape the cold and gloom of England. By chance we ended up having lunch at one of the tables at Paloma Cantine overlooking the port and it was probably the highlight of our holiday.

While we were there Nice experienced a few days of bright sunshine. We thought we would eat outside overlooking the port. The resturant was very quiet. The staff were very friendly and put us near a space heater and closed the awning so we got maximum exposure to the sun.

My wife and I had glasses of wine, the children had cokes. My son had calimari &ropast potatoes with a side order of frites. My wife and daughter who are both vegetarians shared a goats cheese salad and I had doub beef stew with creamed polenta.

The children finished off with chocolate puddings with ice cream, whilst my wife had a coffee. The total was less than 100 euro and we were so stuffed we did not eat in the evening.

2  Thank Stephen R
Reviewed 30 January 2015

Have visited the Paloma a couple of times before so was looking forward to our meal there last Sunday with friends but it turned out to be a huge disappointment.
Nice table but loud music - asked it to be turned down a couple of times but to no avail.
Our starters were 3 of the Sardines from the menu and a Mozzarella with Tomatoes.
The Sardines turned out to be tinned Sardines served cold on the plate with the tin on the side to impress you ! - a couple of shards of toasted bread and the obligatory green salad bits , The cheese looked O.K. with a sliced tomato and a few greens. We couldn't help but think that the chef must have really stretched himself in producing these dishes. The restaurant has a big sign - fresh fish served.
I had Steak as my main - with a few deep fried new potatoes - and a bit of greens - O.K. but nothing special. The best dish served so far was a whole Sea Bream cooked and served in a large ovenproof dish with vegetables - that looked good and was an excellent choice.
The 2 ladies had the John Dory ( St Pierre) Fillet . Both were very disappointed with the fish - very small fillet , tasted as if it was either frozen or overcooked or microwaved or any combination of those.
We gingerly moved on dessert - only 3 choices were available but only one Tiramasu , one stewed apple and bits with Ice cream - anybody else could have the Chocolate pudding.
We took the Tiramasu and the Apple - both average at best.
Any further punters that evening would only be left with chocolate.
It's not the most expensive restaurant in Nice by any means but the majority of the dishes served that evening were not good.
Service was average - had to ask for water three times - and then there was the music.
I'm afraid the verdict is avoid unless it improves.

Reviewed 4 January 2015

At the port on the right side next to the Paloma canteen there is a seperate entrance to their bar, they call it Oyster bar. Here you can be served with tapas and charcuterie (cold cuts) and wine and play mini-petanque and babyfoot. This is an absolutely cool place to hang out with casually with friends and your kids. It is small and cozy. We were here on a weekday evening and had the bar room to ourselves. The downside is that the waiter was next door in the restaurant and was walking back and forth with some bigger intervalls keeping us waiting. I guess the solution would be to take his number and call him when you need something. Apart from that it is a fabulous venue with a beautiful interior design. In the end I was a bit astonished at the price for the charcuterie plates and wines our large group split. The variety of cold cuts and the quality of the chosen wine did not justify the price in my humble opinion. But in all fairness the reason for the price was that the group ordered several plates to share and then what one individual gets (me for example, ha ha ha) does not match the cost. This discrepancy can be avoided if you go as a couple or in smaller groups, place individual orders and make sure to test the wine before choosing a bottle. For location, interior design and fun factor I will happily go back.