“Best ceviche i ate in ages”
Review of Gousto

Gousto
Reserve with
Save up to 20% when you reserve online *
Gousto is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #240 of 1,976 Restaurants in Nice
Price range: US$15 - US$31
Cuisines: Mediterranean, Peruvian
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Breakfast, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Port
Description: Peruvian-inspired Mediterranean cuisine. For dinner, a varied menu of fish and a variety of wine by the glass or bottle at reasonable prices, of course! Fresh food cooked with love that's Gousto.
Reviewed 8 May 2016 via mobile

We had a lovely dinner at this restaurant. The ceviche (mix) was to die for and the bouillabaisse was incredible savourous and fresh. Loved the carpacio of tuna and the grilled octopus was Just perfectly prepared

Reviewed 29 April 2016

This is a well presented, comfortable little restaurant away from the main drag of the port, but just one street behind the port. We found it by accident and I am so glad we did. There were only three people in (a family) when we went in but it was full when we left, obviously well patronised by locals. I had the octopus, which was delightful, and I have eaten octopus in the Portuguese octopus capital of Santa Luzia. It was tender, full of flavour and I would certainly recommend it to octopus lovers. My husband had the fillet of beef served with a rice dish which he declared to be superb. We do not have huge appetites so did not have starters or desserts, however, the wine and the coffee were terrific. The service is attentive and friendly and I would say you get what you pay for our bill was around 65€ which we were happy to pay as we enjoyed our food so much. (Two main courses, bottle of wine and one coffee). I would also like to mention that I am not a great vegetable consumer but I ate what was on my plate as they were so full of flavour. Well done Guosto, you made our holiday.

Reviewed 9 March 2016

Ok, so the food for our lunch was not extraordinary despite the promising menu. I had the Ceviche Caliente de gambas; a friend had the artichokes, and my other friend had the lamb. We also had fondant au chocolat and the Peruvian sponge cake. The latter was the best thing on the entire menu (if you dine there, you must try that cake!) while the rest of our food and dessert was just average. I also agree it is overpriced, but all restaurants within 200m from the sea are. We enjoyed the lovely sun on the terrace, though.

Reviewed 28 February 2016 via mobile

...up from the Old Port and you will find this delightful Peruvian with French finesse restaurant. We found the fish dishes in particular to be excellent, a voyage of discovery aided by some navigational help from the delightful English waiter.

Reviewed 24 February 2016

We booked this hotel due to the good reviews and were very glad we did. It is on quite a quiet, dingy looking street away from most of the restaurants so would easily be passed by. It is a small, cozy restaurant, well decorated and welcoming. The staff were very pleasant and the food was amazing. I had the Peruvian lamb and crème brulèe which were lovely and my partner had the seabass which he really enjoyed. We would definately recommend this restaurant and would go again.