US$412
Free cancellation until 03/08
US$176
HotelsClick
  • Bar/Lounge
All reviewsflights of stairshigh end shopsperfect locationsmall hotelwi fiold cityluggagebalconypromenadehairdryer
Reviewed 20 September 2017 via mobile

I booked Le Petit Trianon ages ago when most of the reviews seemed good. Then a few weeks before we came here I looked again and thought what have I done.
I'd already paid though! I rang to confirm my booking was ok and received reassurance.
The hotel is up some steep stairs in a quiet side street but near to many bars etc.
Our room was great. We had a balcony, kettle and a fridge. The lady who dealt with us was friendly and eager to please and for Nice the price was really reasonable. We didn't have the breakfast. There are lots of places nearby

Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 10 September 2017 via mobile

Hotel door was a pit hard to find. There were pretty narrow stairs and had to climb with suitcases upstairs. We had very nice, personalized and clean room with tiny bathroom. Had also a tiny balcony, thou there was not a lot to see. Ate our breakfast there. Service and Location were just so great!

Stayed: June 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 20 August 2017 via mobile

Do not book this hotel !!!!!!! We got a confirmation a day before arrival including room number and code to enter the premise. On arrival (3 flights of stairs) a man was at the reception. I gave my confirmed email booking number which was booked from December for him to state there is no booking, my room is taken and the hotel is full. He then proceeded to state he was not the manager and he can't do anything and for us to leave. I was quite fearful as he was rude, aggressive and lifting his hand towards us. He then threw our belongings out the door. He had no respect for either us or our belongings. This was at 8pm at night. I requested for the manager to be called or someone in relation to bookings he stated he couldn't do anything and was apparently his first day. He sat by his laptop and proceeded to not help us at all. He didn't care at all. By looking at previous review this doesn't seem the case and this is the second reported incident. He is very aggressive and abrupt who makes you feel fearful. I have sent numerous emails with no reply and more money has been taken out of my account. Again do not book here. We were lucky to find another hotel down the road who made our stay much more welcoming to nice.

Stayed: August 2017
2  Thank MelCrom
Reviewed 5 August 2017 via mobile

We stayed here for three days during the week , returning last night . We arrived early on Tuesday morning and was welcomed by the lady owner , who was delightful and took our luggage as the room was not not ready . She then directed us to the beach and gave us towels and cushions to use . The hospitality was first class . We had room number 5 , which was just what we were hoping for , a nice quaint little hotel , with a real authentic feel . Very clean and tidy . Will definitely stay here again . Thank you .

Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank beatts25
Reviewed 26 July 2017

We checked into this b&b on Sunday evening. There are many flights of stairs to get to the locked door of Le Petit Trianon.
The owner sits in the hallway on his laptop.
The room was not as I'd requested. Instead of a double and a single bed there was only a double which was actually 2 small singles pushed together.
We decided to go to the sea front and we took a towel from the bathroom just incase it was needed although we were not intending to swim.
Within moments of leaving the property the owner came screaming down the stairs shouting at us that we'd taken a towel. He thrust a very small framed piece of paper at us that apparently said we should not take towels out of the property. He continued shouting at us in a very aggressive manner and we felt extremely fearful of him. His over reaction was intimidating and worrying as he was exhibiting a mental health issue.
After he declared that he was calling Booking.com, for what reason we were unsure, we decided that for our own safety we could not stay in this place a moment longer.
He was totally uninterested when I informed him that he was being extremely rude to us and that we were fearful to stay in the room.
We left and had to pay for another twin room further down the road. The receptionist in the new hotel could not have been more helpful.
The experience left us feeling bemused at how this very small hotel had scored so highly on many reviews. We suggest that for you to avoid a similar confrontation with a very unstable character that you look elsewhere to stay in Nice.

Room Tip: Avoid this hotel
  • Stayed: July 2017, travelled with friends
4  Thank Fiona K
Valerie M, Gérant at Hotel le Petit Trianon, responded to this reviewResponded 27 July 2017

Hello, there are rules to respect, you have the nerve to take your own towels and leave them in your room and take the towels from the hotel to go swimming, you have no respect and you dare to criticize the Receptionist ...... get to live before.