“Family atmosphere/gourmet food”

Cuisines: French, Fusion
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed 30 May 2018 via mobile

I walked a kilometer from my hotel to Lou Colonial to check it out from the Trip Advisor reviews. Immediately seated outside with a lovely view of the sunset and the unfortunate, but unimportant, construction in the street. Warmly welcomed by the staff and the family at the next table (six including a 11-13 year old girl who never brought out her cell phone!). Had the duck with chèvre in a honey reduction aux jus. OMG! I bet they have a duck press! Enough pomme frites and duck for three of me! Michelin star dish.

Reviewed 22 April 2018 via mobile

Service was tentative and welcoming. They were great in taking dietary requirements, ammending the menu and suggesting options that suited you best. Also had a great vegetarian option, including a delicious tofu and sweet potato curry. Would recommend

Reviewed 7 April 2018 via mobile

The new owner has created a beautiful inviting decor. We decided to start with the Dim Sum appetizer to share. It was delicious! Super fresh ingredients. I wasn’t that hungry and decided on the tempura shrimp starter for my main. The shrimp were tasty, the tempura perfectly crispy with a sweet & spicy dipping sauce. My boyfriend ordered the Bo Bun which was a generous portion and excellent! All dishes were presented beautifully with attention to detail. The immaculate WC was appreciated as well.
Can’t wait to return.

Sent from my iPhone

Reviewed 31 January 2018 via mobile

Visited this restaurant having read the reviews on Trip Advisor and we were not disappointed. There is building work going on in the road outside but don’t be put off by this .
We found the restaurant warm and inviting . The lady who served us spoke good English and offered us a table despite not having a reservation and the restaurant soon became full. We were offered a menu in English and the waitress helped me logging on to the restaurant’s WiFi .
The food was really nice and plentiful. Faultless.
Highly recommended .

Reviewed 7 January 2018

Because of the refurbishment of the square, this restaurant has been recently refurbished too. Alain, the chef, used to be the chef in another upmarket restaurant and now he owns Lou Colonial. The food is unbelievable and the staff is very friendly, all at a very reasonable price. The cuisine is Asian, great flavours and very big portions. You won't regret eating here!