Lowest prices for your stay
Priceline
Expedia.comUS$74
Hotels.comUS$74
Agoda.comUS$77
2,004 results
All reviews train station early train one night stay narvik receptionist euros
Selected filters
Reviewed 10 July 2022

First, the hotel is just outside the station- less than 2 minutes walk. second, the entry into the hotel is as seen in the pix. little walk through and people sitting and enjoying the silence. lobby is friendly and welcoming. there is restaurant inside with lively TV/music. receptionists are welcoming and checkin was fast. nice corridors on the 2nd floor and the room for three was spacious. a sofa cum bed was comfortable. window overlooking the parking lot. gives privacy. from the hotel one can take a metro ticket 5.20 euros for 24 hours and go anywhere. the breakfast is part in restaurant and outdoors - the latter is heavenly. little fruit and vegetable plants. very good fair- detox water, croissants, fresh fruit, yogurt, tea, coffee, fresh orange juice you can make for self,...good for vegetarians too. would recommend to everyone. only positives for this hotel and it is well priced. in night one can jsut sit in open and enjoy the silence. Go for it.

Room tip: ask for facing car park
Date of stay: July 2022
Reviewed 29 May 2022 via mobile

I am admirer of Ibis concept of practical hotels located near train stations .. compact room sizes without much compromise. This hotel has excellent location and you can see trains and platforms from the room window. Check in was super quick. Rooms are nice with fresh Towels and nice bedsheets as well as pillows. Wifi is also good.
However, drinking water is a big issue . After all how
much water you can buy and bring from outside . Me and my wife consume 3 to 5 litres of water a day. Ibis does not provide water in the rooms nor they have any water or ice dispenser. They don’t even give electric kettles in the room to make tea and coffee. This is such a basic thing. They may not give tea coffee sachets but kettles are a must. We carry our own tea coffee and even cups. I visited the bar several times to get drinking water and hot water for tea coffee. The staff did give but with a poker face.
For the lack of this basic facility I have reduced 2 stars.

Date of stay: May 2022
Reviewed 31 October 2021

We stayed here because of the convenience to the train station. I wish we’d gone on to a different place despite our early train.
The hotel staff overall was friendly on arrival. Not so much in the later evening however.
Our non-smoking room reeked of cigarette smoke and we changed rooms. It’s noisy and there’s absolutely no air circulation. They had no portable fans and actually told me to just open my window. We did and were forced to listen to screaming men and noise from the station all night.
The bed was relatively comfortable however their “queen” bed is two twins pushed together with a gap in the middle. The pillows are hard and dense and they had no extras available.
You’re provided with 2 thin old towels and a mat. No hand towels.
We’re not picky travelers but honestly there’s no way this is a 3 star hotel.
The restaurant is an absolute joke. Our worst meal in France was a cold slab of “burger” and a rock hard bun. When I mentioned this to the waiter he shrugged. I slapped my bun on the table and tried to stab it for the comedy. He offered to bring me another piece of bread. I declined. Don’t waste your time eating there… you’re more likely to get a better burger at MacDos in the station! .. seriously.
We needed a plug extension in the room to plug in a C-Pap machine and phone charger at the same time since there’s only one outlet in room. They had extras and handed me a filthy, sticky one .. which gave me an indication of how things are behind the scenes, sadly. (See picture)
I find it interesting that the Covid protocols are listed here yet never saw anyone actively cleaning and the outlet adapter certainly shows lack of cleanliness.
We won’t return here and frankly we’re getting tired of Ibis coming up short. There’s no excuse fir dirty.
This place needs a very deep cleaning from top to bottom.

Date of stay: October 2021
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Gregor Onipenko, General Manager at Ibis Marseille Centre Gare Saint-Charles, responded to this reviewResponded 28 January 2022

Dear Sir, Madam,
Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your experience at our hotel. I am sorry that your experience did not meet your expectations; please allow me to express my sincerest apologies.
In our hotel, we strive to provide a superior service experience for every customer; therefore your feedback is very important to us. Please rest assured that we are taking the appropriate measures to address the problem and prevent future occurrence.
We appreciate your sharing your concerns, and it is our hope that you will give us the opportunity to serve you better in the near future.
BENKERDA Médina – Customer Welcomer

Reviewed 1 October 2021 via mobile

This is supposed to be a reasonably priced hotel but at €141.00 it’s nothing of the sort. When we arrived the receptionist was quite Curt in asking me to put my mask on, which I did. However, we asked for a premier room and got a basic room with a pull down sofa. (No Coffee or Tea in the room) The air-conditioning hardly worked but the bed was very comfortable. I’m sorry Ibis, but I have paid a lot less and got a lot more. This hotel needs a complete refurbishment and it’s staff retrained. The rooms are worth around €60.00 and until it’s been upgraded will never stay here again.

Date of stay: September 2021
1  Thank JulianandGerry

Dear Sir, Madam,
BENKERDA Médina – Customer Welcomer

Reviewed 13 October 2020

Yes we are returning after a happy trip in July. Staff are friendly, especially the breakfast waitress and evening reception staff. ROOM PERFECTLY CLEAN WITH GOOD VENTILATION. Facilities to store baggage for a late train journey.
pRICES VERY COMPETITVE 6WHY LOOK ELSEWHERE; COVID PRECAUTIONS EXCELLENT;
Thank you all.rrp

Date of stay: October 2020
2  Thank YRP49
Gregor Onipenko, General Manager at Ibis Marseille Centre Gare Saint-Charles, responded to this reviewResponded 15 October 2020

Thank you for your comment. It is always a reward to receive such a feedback.
But most of all , you felt safe with the covid precautions we took . That is the most important point for us :)

Once again , thank you very much

it is our hope to see you soon

Seghir HADJADJI