2 people are viewing this hotel
US$145
View deal
Reserve now, pay at stay
US$144
Priceline
US$126
Official HotelUS$138
Hotels.comUS$144
TravelocityUS$144
1,287 results
All reviews perfect location partial view nice room buffet breakfast port france french
Selected filters
Reviewed 17 October 2021

We booked this after a successful stay in their Nantes Hotel, however the Marseille hotel is a real let down.
- our room was not ready at 3pm check in, we had to wait nearly an hour.
- the room was large, but no table or chair available, just empty space. This is just skimping on the facilities. Why would you have breakfast in your room if you have to sit on the bed to est it?
- the hotel advertises free parking, it actually doesn’t have any parking, but on asking for parking locations we were told to use public (expensive) car parks nearby. There isn’t even anywhere to pull up outside to drop luggage as the hotel entrance is by a busy road, and on a pedestrian area.
- the breakfast was nice, but on the 5th floor it should have had nice views, it didn’t even have a window. It was too small, the food and drink was very crowded, we had to wait for a table, which was then not set properly so I had to find cutlery and plates in a cupboard myself. The tables were very close together it felt very uncomfortable and rude having to find a way through them to the buffet breakfast, being careful not to nudge people as you squeezed through the gap.
- the coffee machine was broken, and they had run out of normal tea bags.
- the advertised fitness facilities do not exist, the hotel claims it can recommend places to go which is why it is included on their literature - again, false advertising.
We asked for a taxi to be booked and were told this would not be possible, instead we should walk to the taxi rank (in the pouring rain with 2 large suitcases).

We travelled through France for 3 weeks, moving on every 2 or 3 days, this was, by far, the worst place we stayed, but one of the most expensive.
Poor value for money, poor service, poor facilities.
I don’t usually like posting negative reviews, I tend to just stick to the positive ones, but felt so strongly let down by this hotel I wanted to help avoid others having the same experience.

1  Thank Charliev1970
Reviewed 14 September 2021

The stay was nice, the hotel location is awesome with everything you need nearby. The rooms are cleaned every day. However, my room did not have a normal window (I was a "lucky" one with a window in a ceiling), so it feels a bit strange. In addition, the normal window absence could be compensate with a good illumination inside the room, but it also failed, some of the lamps did not work.

• Trip type: Travelled on business
1  Thank Marina_Fetisova
Reviewed 12 September 2021

Perfect location for business and pleasure, across the Port, good service, comfortable beds, friendly and hospitable staff. Usual breakfast, it could be a little more French but I'll really recommend .

• Trip type: Travelled on business
1  Thank dijanadosljak
Reviewed 1 August 2021 via mobile

We visited Marseilles for ten days and did not have Internet all ten days that we were staying at the Hôtel Escale Oceania Marseille. We were told that it should be fixed after a few days but it never was which was an issue when looking for directions to places, etc. The hotel is clean but the room was tiny. The toilet and shower are not in the same room which is odd. I had some items dry cleaned and they came out nicely but when I tried to have a few more items cleaned we were told the service was not available. We stayed at three different hotels while in France and this was our least favorite. The service was average and the room was average. The best thing that can be said is that the location of the hotel is fantastic. Do consider that their is street music going on until midnight every night if you are a light sleeper.

Date of stay: July 2021
Trip type: Travelled with friends
2  Thank VirginiaLady1
Reviewed 8 April 2021 via mobile

I booked this hotel through bookings.com
Took my booking with 24hr cancellation policy. This hotel went into my account and locked €130 last week when my account was low in funds and created a difficult financial situation for me as I had another payment returned. I had cancelled my booking but the money was locked in my account anyway. I will have to see what happens but my advice is under the current situation not to book this hotel and more importantly, do not book via bookings.com as I hold them responsible and no contact or help from them, no connections or links from one to the other, it’s like that don’t want to hear about problems, just debit your card and post questionable reviews in my opinion on there site. Please be advised ....

Date of stay: April 2021
1  Thank glenf969
Romain Musso, Directeur général at Escale Oceania Marseille Vieux Port, responded to this reviewResponded 3 June 2021

Dear guest, when you proceeded to the reservation a pre authorization of the amount of the first night was made on your credit card in order to guarantee your reservation. We didn't debit this amount. We are really sorry for the inconvenience caused on your account. Hoping you will still think of us if you come back to Marseille to give us the chance to make you change your mind. Best regards