Hotel Le Vallon de Valrugues & Spa(Saint-Remy-de-Provence)
US$286
Chateau de Roussan(Saint-Remy-de-Provence)(Great Value!)
US$169
US$162
Savings alert! 24% below average rates

The price you found is 24% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$214/night.

Le Mas Des Carassins Hotel(Saint-Remy-de-Provence)(Great Value!)
US$161
Savings alert! 27% below average rates

The price you found is 27% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$220/night.

Les Chambres de Naevag(Saint-Remy-de-Provence)(Great Value!)
US$170
Hotel de l'Image(Saint-Remy-de-Provence)(Great Value!)
US$210
Chambre d'Hotes Les Varietes(Saint-Remy-de-Provence)(Great Value!)
US$297
Canto Cigalo(Saint-Remy-de-Provence)(Great Value!)
US$101
Hotel De La Caume(Saint-Remy-de-Provence)(Great Value!)
US$71
Le Mas de Valrugues(Saint-Remy-de-Provence)(Great Value!)
US$191
Travelocity
Hotel de Tourrel(Saint-Remy-de-Provence)
US$689
  • Pool
See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 4 June 2013

Avoid this "hotel" like the plague, as others have said, its only saving grace is its position in picturesque Saint Remy but to be honest there are SO many alternatives that you would never have to step over the threshold of the Hotel du Cheval Blanc. My daughter and I were only able to secure a quadruple room through Booking.com although I take this with a pinch of salt too because when we arrived, other double rooms were available. The minute we opened the door of room 122, we were repelled by the stench of the drains in the shower cubicle, it was really not nice and it couldn't be used. We moved for the next night to a much nicer room 125 on the other, newer side of the hotel but when we used this shower, the drain was obviously blocked there too and water flowed into the bedroom area and flooded part of the carpet. When it dried later I realised that it had flooded before on previous occasions as the carpet was water stained throughout. Did mention to Reggie the manager but he feigned complete surprise!
The hotel also charged us for four breakfasts each of the two mornings we were there. When I complained they said that they had been told by Booking.com that there were four of us. Strange when we only booked for two people. Reggie said that they would refund us for the two extra breakfasts over the two days but surprise, surprise when we left, the "manager" wasn't there even though we were told the day before that she would be. Reggie promised to email us on the following Monday and you've guessed it, not a dicky bird!! So apart from the horrible conditions, smell and overcharging, I was charged for four extra breakfasts! The beauty of selling a quadruple room to two people.
What's more, locals use the parking in front to leave their cars when they go shopping so families at the hotel were having to park down the road and walk back. No monitoring of the parking situation either.
Trouble is none of the staff give a care and obviously it is not a nice place to work. AVOID AT ALL COSTS!!

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank AmandamH
Reviewed 28 May 2013

We read the other reviews and thought, OK, it will be fine because we didn't want to spend too much on accommodation. It was a hard-earned lesson obviously false economy. The outside of the hotel looks promising so we felt OK with our decision when we arrived. That was until we opened the door to our room. The smell of sewerage hit us straight away. When we spoke to the person on duty, we were told that the hotel was full for the night but we would be moved the next day. As long as we kept the room window open and the bathroom door closed, we were fine. But the weather was very cold! The linen had definitely seen better days and was as close to threadbare as you can get - so much so that as soon as I used a towell to dry my back, it ripped. The bed was comfortable enough though only double size. Parking is on a first in-first served basis and so you could end up way down the street as we did. The next day there was a different staff member working and at first he seemed disinclined to give us another room because it would mean making up another room ... Of course we won that argument. However, the physical state of this bathroom was disgusting. Obviously some work had been done on the pipes to the toilet which they tried to cover up literally and physically by a piece of folded cardboard. An air vent on another wall was taped up and there were tiles missing from the floor of the shower. The walls have no soundproofing and the first night we were subjected to someone who talked nonstop into the early hours. On the second night we had to listen to a woman giving advice to her daughter in law - also went on forever and was extremely loud. The place should be shut down. As someone else suggested, stay well away. It's just not worth the saving even though the location is its best feature.

Room Tip: Don't go!
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Hudsimo
Reviewed 15 November 2012

Nothing wrong with the place and i would love to get hold of the place and do it up. The position very near the centre of St Remy is a winner and if it is only a holding pen while you chase the beauty of the countryside its a good stop.
Bed was average.....no problems with the cleanliness as it is just tired so how do you polish that.
The noise was noticeable but not a problem.....what do you expect for the bucks and position.
Have to comment on the savage lack of class in who ever chose the carpet as its Sanitation Works brown.....and i mean a cross between chocolate and you know what.
a shocker in bad taste.
However we were there to eat....no inhouse breakfast or anything like that was attempted......and we were there to cruise the countryside so it was a good holding pen.
WiFi very ordinary but its all over France.....unless you sit inside the router or ontop of the owners hub.
Area fantastic for driving....the town has good cafes and one can sit about with ease before lighting up the machinery.
bonus was the parking in front in a busy town but you may have to chase away a few locals that have the temerity to pinch a park.

Room Tip: try to get the end rooms in each floor.
  • Stayed: October 2012, travelled as a couple
4  Thank mausgrass
Reviewed 2 October 2012

We only spent one night there, but experienced wonderful service. Our room was very clean and beds were comfortable. We stayed in the for four...

We were are running late for the checking in..and staff was very helpful with it.

Room Tip: We were staying in the corner suit/first floor. It was very pleasant
  • Stayed: September 2012, travelled with friends
Reviewed 10 October 2011

We booked two nights at this hotel based on a recommendation in the Michelin Travel Guide for Provence. We have asked them to please review their recommendation of the Du Cheval Blanc in St Remy France. We make reservation for two nights there based on the recommendation in your guide. This was the worst experience we have had after many trips to Europe staying in 1 and 2 star hotels. It was immediately apparent that the place was not being maintained and the room was barely adequate. We notified the woman at the front desk within an hour of arrival that we would not be staying the second night. She has insisted on full payment at arrival, but now said that she could not cancel the reservation or change the billing. We would have to deal with the owner in the morning.
Only one light worked in the room - The woman at the front desk was not willing to change out the burned out bulbs. I was told the many who came it at 17:00 would do it. I tried to change the bulbs myself, and could not remove the burned out ones, they were corroded into the fixture. When I called the front desk 17:40 to inquire, is when we found out that the phone only worked in one direction and that it was falling off the wall. We made do with one working bulb.
Showering options were limited. Limited to non=existent hot water and a shower head that did not match the rest of the fixture and insisted on coming off the pipe, spreading water all around the bathroom.
There was a TV in the room, but no way to use it. Remote did not work, no controls on TV.
Nicely blue painted wood beds, but a number of broken spindles in the headboard, that had had been pushed back into place.
In the morning....The owner arrived, I was told that we had paid for two nights and that was that. If I needed a phone there was one down the hall. Once I mentioned lack of lights, hot water, TV etc. her previously proven facility with English vanished. The only reply was I do not understand you.... in English.
I carried on in my broken French..... the reply was only I do not understand you in English. She eventually returned half of the money in cash, would not take it off the credit card.
When I returned to my room I called the international phone number for Visa on my mobile phone. As which point I was advised that the charges for Du Cheval Blanc were exactly double, the charge we had been quoted for two nights. But that's another story, and I trust that the credit card company along with my receipts will straighten that one out.
Actually this was so extremely bad as to be humorous. If I had had the means to checked out the reviews on on the various booking websites I would have been forewarned.

Room Tip: Choose another hotel
  • Stayed: September 2011, travelled as a couple