“Tasty food”

Les Tables de la Fontaine
Ranked #1 of 513 Restaurants in Toulon
Price range: US$12 - US$35
Cuisines: French
Description: Small restaurant seats 24 inside and a terrace beside a beautiful fountain in the center of the city of Toulon. Run by a couple of professional , high quality food with fresh products : - Soup of the house sinner - Handmade pasta - Hamburger house - Homemade bread - Entrecote Charolais - Fresh fries ...... All the midis kitchen theme through the regions of France and countries visited through our work.
Reviewed 14 July 2017 via mobile

Loved this restaurant food especially staff! Very polite, I guess the owners of restaurant. However, they don't speak English very well, so it was a bit hard to order, because we don't speak French. Nice place.

Reviewed 11 July 2017

Unable to get in for Friday a very cheerful and accommodating woman (owner) reserved me for Saturday where again all 12 tables were reserved. The setting was urban tranquil in a tucked away corner of the pedestrian area with a fountain. The food and service was exquisite. The portions were large too. Not rushed but nurtured. If I ever return to Toulon I'll do it again. Superb!

Reviewed 23 June 2017 via mobile

My wife and I decided to have an afternoon off today so following our morning at the office we went to this peaceful place in the 'old town' . A nice welcome, fresh and home made plates. Colors, flavors. A nice time at that place.

Reviewed 26 May 2017

I reserved a table for 8 a month in advance to celebrate a significant birthday of a family member arriving on a cruise ship. When I called to confirm, I was asked if I wanted a birthday cake for the event...of course I said yes and was then offered a choice of a fresh strawberry cake or chocolate...since it was spring, I opted for the strawberry. Eight of us descended upon this lovely restaurant and everyone emerged delighted by the delicious cuisine of the talented and totally entertaining chef, Frederic, and his lovely partner at the front of the house, Lea. We dined in style with an array of dishes including a San Felicien cheese and fig chutney appetizer (delicious), mussels in garlic butter (yummy), lamb shank (superb), fresh whole sea bass with fennel (very nice), veal medallions with asparagus (scrumptious), and a duck breast with a fruit glaze (excellent)! To top off the meal, Frederic had prepared the strawberry cake with whipped cream that you can see below which was a major hit and a great surprise for the birthday girl! The service is impeccable and the live comedy entertainment by the charming Frederic is not to be missed. So make a reservation now...you will not regret it and we plan to head back the next time we get to Toulon. I might also add that the restaurant has tables outside on a charming courtyard or inside in a lovely interior space. But go for the food, which cannot be beat!

Reviewed 26 May 2017 via mobile

One day only in Toulon, and we happened upon the #1 restaurant in town, 1 hour later we knew why it was so highly rated. The very reasonably priced lunchtime plat de jour at €18.50 offered a main course, and a sweet. We both had a pasta dish with melt in the mouth beef in an orange and lightly spiced Moroccan sauce, sweets were also to die for. Washed down with a glass of Pastis, and a small carafe of local wine. We were amazed with the quality of the food, and the staff were delightful. If we are ever in Toulon again, we know where our favourite restaurant is located.