All reviewsloved this hotelquirky hotelamuse bouchelake genevaroom was clean and comfortablelakesideloungerssummercycling
Reviewed 18 February 2018

We visited the restaurant for a seminar. The hotel looks nice and friendly. At the planned meeting the owner was very aggressive and unfriendly. We did not understand why. That is why we are happy that our seminar will not be in that hotel. So, be aware of the owner when you arrive ;-)

Room Tip: Lakeview is better
  • Stayed: February 2018, travelled on business
Reviewed 11 February 2018

We've spent one night to use our Smartbox voucher. The hotel delivered as expected. The place is nicely (and heavy) decorated with lots of colours and details to look at. The welcome was quite warm and the staff friendly. The room was clean and comfortable.
We stayed for dinner. The dining room was a bit too crowded and we lacked space behind chairs and between tables. Despite fully booked the service was rather fast and friendly. We took filets de perch but we were rather disappointed. The perch was not from the lake Leman and larger as well more watery than what we are used to get in good restaurants. The french fries were not crispy (soft and oily). The whole was accompanied by a strange tasteless chestnut pudding.
The overall experience was nice, tough.

• Stayed: February 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 3 January 2018

Family of 4 adults decided to have lunch and I walked in to check if a table was available. Guy on hotel reception pointed me to another person, with limited enthusiasm. when talking to the woman referred to she said I needed to wait - she had other clients to attend to. Fair enough I waited. She then confirmed that she had table, but she made certain I would understand how very difficult it was for them to accommodate us without reservation. A truly unfriendly reception, but we decided to stay and eat a bite instead of searching on. Sh subsequently gave us a table that was virtually so close to another eating couple that we could not sit. We asked for another table in the practically empty main restaurant. While the verandah area facing the lake was full, our area of restaurant remained practically empty. So no reason to give us the worst table, except an arrogant approach to foreign visitors (from 15km away Switzerland, speaking French).
The waiter then brought us German menues without asking and we needed to ask for French menues or English....
The food was ok (fish = perch) but the appetizer that came complimentary was tasting appalling (crab meat cocktail that tasted as if it was 3 days old).
Wine was also good, since another waiter attended to us and he was very helpful.
We then paid and it was everything but cheap, about 200 Euro for 3, one person only had a menu salad....
All in all we felt like in a time wharp stuck in the late 1800's. We like antique furniture etc. but the place is absolutely full of stuff up the roof with no room to move between the tables. VERY old fashioned bathrooms with dozens of perfume bottles and a bizarre instruction picture on the wall of the male occupants...
Overall a disappointing experience, but certainly one we will not forget. Our recommendation is not to go there...find a friendlier place in or around Evian....

• Stayed: January 2018, travelled with family
Reviewed 5 November 2017

So very French: all frills, bows, hearts, clutter, fussy decor and chandeliers. Traditional, feminine and very quirky; not the sort of place I'd normally choose, but I loved this hotel and was so glad I chose it over others I'd considered as it was so wonderfully unique. It was the quietest place I've ever stayed with the most magnificent, serene view of Lake Leman. We stayed for 3 nights and found this the perfect base to explore the local area, which was particularly enjoyable on the day we took advantage of two of the hotel's five bicycles - at no charge. We had one dinner - unusual; and one breakfast on our last day - bountiful. The buffet included just about everything you could imagine desiring for breakfast, including sparkling wine; we should have indulged in this delicious start to the day every morning. I would love to return.

Room Tip: Request a lake view: beautiful, quiet, magnigficent sunsets. Be aware that you'll climb a lot of stairs if on the 3rd/top floor.
  • Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 24 October 2017

We stayed for one night in a two-room family suite which was decorated to within an inch of its life. While the rooms are small and not air-conditioned, that's not the point.
I've not seen more pillows on a bed, knick-knacks on a shelf, towels on a rack, or flowers in vases anywhere else! The hotel is wonderfully eccentric, with delightful sitting rooms, an amazing garden area, waterfront views and access (including two small piers), a bar(let), and a very good restaurant with two distinctly decorated seating areas. Dinner was good, with rapid service and attention. Breakfast was very generous and diverse. I would recommend this hotel to anyone with a young daughter, or failing that, with a sense of humour, a taste for excess and a desire to relax and spend time at the hotel itself. I would definitely return.

Room Tip: Courtyard side has street noise which may disturb some.
  • Stayed: October 2017, travelled with family