“Not recommended ”

Appart'City Confort Lyon Vaise
Ranked #158 of 194 Hotels in Lyon
Reviewed 24 November 2015 via mobile

Would not recommended anyone to stay here.

There were 4 of us staying in one room and they only provided us with 1 towel, the fold out couch was not set up with no extra blankets pillows or sheets to use.
They also only had one fork, one knife and one cup for all 4 of us. (Even one person needs more than that)
The key cards didn't work when given to us.
The TV was taken from the wall and we had an open hole to look at in its place. Few of the lights were broken and the bathroom sink smelt like someone had threw up and no one had cleaned it since.
In a terrible location with hardly any shops or places to eat.

When we asked the staff for more towels and cutlery the first lady straight out said no and wouldn't budge when we said this is necessary and needed in any hotel.
The second lady got them for us but followed us into the room because she didn't understand. (Aware we speak English and them French) but this was not a hard request.

We only stayed here for one night but it was very non enjoyable.

Stayed: November 2015, travelled with friends

Reviewed 22 August 2015 via mobile

Very confused upon arrival:

Reception was closed at 4pm on a Saturday so we had to use the intercom to speak to the remote reception desk. After several failed attempts at communication (English and French) we ascertained that my booking was nowhere on record! However I was granted access to the safe and given a code to get my keycard; again my name was not on any of the envelopes containing the cards and had to return to the intercom to resolve this, where I was instructed to take another key and assigned my room.

On speaking with the receptionist the next morning I found out that the reservation was under my partner's name, despite my name being on all the paperwork and payment details. So be wary of similar confusion: giving details via intercom on a busy road is not the ideal!

Once in the building in my room all was well!
The apartment was clean, bright and well maintained: my only complaints would be that there were no lampshades for the bedside lamps, the bare bulb looked rather stark and lowered the tone of the room.
Secondly, that there is no real table/chair area for eating at for two people.

We stayed in a double room: small but efficiently compact. The room overlooked the courtyard so was nice and quiet, though I imagine rooms on the roadside would be much less so; also had a large patio door we could open.

Bathroom is spacious with towels, soap and shower gel/shampoo. Good hairdryer also provided. Air conditioning and basic tv. Programmable safe in wardrobe.
The kitchenette consists of a double-ring electric hob, sink, fridge, coffee machine and basic cutlery, pan, bowls, cups.

Breakfast is a delight!
Next to reception in a lovely, bright room:
Pastries galore, fresh bread, fruit juice, selection of hot drinks, scrambled eggs, sausage, cold meats, toast, yoghurt, cereal...

The apartment/hotel caters for a wide variety of guests: overnight business stays, family holidays, couples. There also seem to be a number of long-term boarders.

Although I saw housekeeping maintaining other rooms, my room was not attended to (throughout a week's stay) despite utilising the door hanger to request. Not hugely problematic, but considering the self-catering aspects and the lack of public access to any waste disposal, the bin in the room filled quickly and was left unattended. Not so nice.

The hotel is a short stroll from the river Saône and is located immediately next to the Valmy metro station (line D)*. There is a Monoprix next door where you can buy all provisions and there are a number of takeout eateries in the vicinity; and all those world famous bouchons just a short walk away!

Walk along the river to get to all the sights and big tourist hotspots for the most direct route; obviously if you opt to take a cut through one of the narrow, old, winding roads it'll take a little longer but is very scenic. The hotel is approximately a brisk 30 minute walk away from the old town if walking along the river.

In short, this is a basic aparthotel which is perfect for those who like their independence and don't mind being away from the hub of Lyon center.

Would definitely recommend.
A very good 3 * hotel.

Be mindful that Lyon city charges a separate city tax too: €1.10 per person per night that may not be included in your booking.

NB. Despite conflicting/ambiguous information online there is no swimming pool or gym/fitness room in this establishment.

* If arriving via public transport (the recommended option as taxis are extortionate in comparison: quoted €75 from airport and hotel receptionist confirmed €60) take the Rhone express tram (approximately €12) from the airport to Part Dieu train station.
Walk through Part Dieu to the Metro station and purchase the €1.80 ticket from the self service machine then take Line B (blue) to Gambetta where you change to Line D (green) and continue on to Valmy. The hotel is located directly behind the exit from the station.

Stayed: August 2015, travelled as a couple
1  Thank brokenstar64
Reviewed 20 July 2015 via mobile

We decided to visit Lyon and break our journey in the last minute between Marseilles and Dijon as we were tired.

I booked the hotel through booking.com even though I was skeptical that it was a 2 star. But this place really surprised me as it outdid some of the 3 stars too!

For starters, the place was spotlessly clean. Clean sheets, great room layout. Very spacious rooms well equipped with kitchenware. And very efficient and friendly staff. Great wifi.

Looking forward to more stays with them!

Stayed: July 2015, travelled with family
Reviewed 27 April 2014

On arriving by Metro on Line D from part-dieu train station. I pushed a bell and connected to a remote person to get directions to collect the key and meeting to pay in reception the following morning. Welcoming staff in reception and cleaning. The hotel is located close to shops and cafe's and is around 20 mins walk to the bastion. Excellent situation beside the Metro and with Monoprix next door, on the same building. My room was a studio, on the 3rd floor, Garden area . The size is right for single person, had a kitchenette with fridge, microwaves, coffee machine, two rings on a hob, cooking utensils cleaned daily, toiletries in the bathroom, hand soaps and shower gel/shampoo in a dispenser at the bathtub, hairdryer. WIFI on two bars and speedy.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank johnretroreload
Reviewed 24 March 2014

Excellent situation beside the Metro and with Monoprix next door, on the same building. My room was a studio, on the 5th floor, facing the main street. The size is right for single person, had a kitchenette with fridge, microwaves, coffee machine, two rings on a hob, cooking utensils but kitchenware is a bit sparse, I suppose you’ll struggle if you want to cook.
My room has been cleaned daily, toiletries in the bathroom, hand soaps and shower gel/shampoo in a dispenser at the bathtub, hairdryer. A small wardrobe only with shelves, not possible to hang any clothing.
At the 5th floor I had a large balcony but no WiFi, I had to go to the reception area (1st floor to have access).

Room Tip: Ask for an apartment facing the courtyard. Apartments on 5th floor have a balcony