“Interesting food - slow service”
Review of L ' Arbre de Vie

L ' Arbre de Vie
Ranked #4 of 105 Restaurants in Val d'Isere
Price range: US$17 - US$40
Cuisines: French, Moroccan, Thai
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 21 April 2018

Good food. We ate Lamb shank & a prawn stir fry - nice change to 'typical, mountain food.
Service was however slow despite the restaurant being less than half full & no return check made to see if OK.

Reviewed 15 April 2018 via mobile

As we were seated to our table a piece of furniture fell which nearly hit my friend on the head. We would have certainly had to visit the hospital as it was a 10ft piece of wood that fell on our table between our heads. We then found out they had double booked our table and we had to wait for 1 hr 30 minutes to get another table. What is the point of booking only for them to make this error! We didn't get an apology or any discount for the incident or the delay. Food was good however it was not very hot and portion was ok. Fondue and venison looked good. Desert was nice. I feel like we got unlucky and wish we had of had a better experience.

1  Thank Christopher D
Reviewed 31 March 2018 via mobile

My partner and I came here in February and enjoyed a delicious meal. The service was a bit slow but the waitress was lovely ! They have vegan options which is brilliant and it was so tasty. I would go back !

Reviewed 29 March 2018 via mobile

Great burger and really tasty starter.
Too full after that to even contemplate dessert.
Service a bit slow but better than other local restaurants where they offer only sittings where you are inevitably rushed.
Definitely return next time I'm in Val.

Reviewed 21 March 2018

We had dinner here one night during our ski trip. I would say this place was good to very good. My son had a noodle dish which he liked very much. I had a skirt steak that was quite thin and a little over cooked. The wine we had was delicious. The service was a bit slow but I think that is because they had one poor woman working too many table. It's located in a bit of an indoor mall/plaza versus the main street. I would go back so while I think there are better places to eat in Val, you will be happy if you end up here.