“Burger. Have the burger. Then go back and have the burger again...”
Review of L ' Arbre de Vie

L ' Arbre de Vie
Ranked #4 of 105 Restaurants in Val d'Isere
Price range: US$17 - US$40
Cuisines: French, Moroccan, Thai
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 27 April 2018

Wow. This place is brilliant. My wife and I loved it and ate ther three times in the week we were in Val D'Isere. Staff are lovely, very friendly and helpful. The restaurant, once you've found the front door (I won't spoil the surprise but it's not where you think it should be) greets you with a nice bar area. The restaurant itself is not the biggest in the world so book, although we turned up on spec the first time and were lucky. They have their own 'Tree of Life' inside the restaurant. Very clever, liked it a lot, and it makes the place unique. I cannot emphasize how important the next bit is. It's very important. You must have the burger. You just must. If you are a burger guy (and if you hadn't guessed, I am) you will not be disappointed. It's delicious, can't remember having a better one. The fries are also lovely, very tasty. We ate there three nights and I had the burger twice. My wife is not a huge burger person but had it once and loved it. Main meal and drinks just over 50 euros which we thought was quite reasonable considering where we were. Can't recommend highly enough, a very enjoyable meal. Well, all three were...

Reviewed 21 April 2018

Good food. We ate Lamb shank & a prawn stir fry - nice change to 'typical, mountain food.
Service was however slow despite the restaurant being less than half full & no return check made to see if OK.

Reviewed 15 April 2018 via mobile

As we were seated to our table a piece of furniture fell which nearly hit my friend on the head. We would have certainly had to visit the hospital as it was a 10ft piece of wood that fell on our table between our heads. We then found out they had double booked our table and we had to wait for 1 hr 30 minutes to get another table. What is the point of booking only for them to make this error! We didn't get an apology or any discount for the incident or the delay. Food was good however it was not very hot and portion was ok. Fondue and venison looked good. Desert was nice. I feel like we got unlucky and wish we had of had a better experience.

1  Thank Christopher D
Reviewed 31 March 2018 via mobile

My partner and I came here in February and enjoyed a delicious meal. The service was a bit slow but the waitress was lovely ! They have vegan options which is brilliant and it was so tasty. I would go back !

Reviewed 29 March 2018 via mobile

Great burger and really tasty starter.
Too full after that to even contemplate dessert.
Service a bit slow but better than other local restaurants where they offer only sittings where you are inevitably rushed.
Definitely return next time I'm in Val.