“Not really. .”

Ranked #138 of 524 Restaurants in Heidelberg
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 3 April 2016 via mobile

All good about this place was service (polite, nice young lady). The food ..I would think it was from some poor fast food bar..sure not restaurant. This was just bad and the portion was very small.And you can pay cash only...

Reviewed 26 June 2015

Went there for dinner with my brother and husband. Right from the word go, our server was very rude. When other reviewers say the owner/server is uncourteous, they mean business. She took us to a small table and made us sit there. Two Indian men were dining next to our table. She actually told us, "Sit here, these people Indian too." We had the same feeling about better service to groups as other reviewers have commented. Our food arrived after a long time and with watery curries and uncooked rice, it was a complete disappointment. When I asked for some peanut sauce, the server rudely told me, "Not free, you pay and get some." Just her tone made me not want to interact with her again. We asked for water and she got us a glass full of tap water but she charged us for mineral water. Make sure she gets you a bottle of water if you are there. People sitting next to us said that they had had a bad experience last time themselves and were visiting after a year, only to decide never to return. That goes for us too.

Reviewed 30 April 2014

I checked out the Baan Thai Restaurent twice now. And i have to say the food is very delicious!
Its very authentic and the Service takes care of individual preferences as in spiciness or other ingredients. Hard to find, the Restaurant is not located in the Center of the City wich makes the use of a vehicle to get there inevitable. But its definitely worth your time and despite the ugly looks from outside you will find an OK looking and low-priced Thai Restaurant.

Only 4 Stars because the location and the Building is not the most attractive! But it doesn't matter because the food is awesome!

2  Thank Moritz B
Reviewed 8 February 2014

I have gone to this restaurant for years before but the service there has drastically changed. After many weeks of being closed since the end of last year, I was happy to find this restaurant open again (because I have to say that the food was always very good) and I was in the mood for some take-out egg rolls and rice...

While ordering, I sat down at a small table because the restaurant was full that night. I ordered and wasn't even offered a drink or some water and when another couple walked in, I was very rudely told to get up and wait somewhere else!!! (I felt like I was in some dictatorship or something)...

I asked the manager/waiter that I would like to order some extra rice and he angrily reacted by saying: "Ja, dein Essen kommt schon!" (Yeah, your food is coming!) even though I didn't ask that! He spoke to me in the German "informal" way which is very disrespectful towards customers.

When I was leaving, I asked if their Lunch Buffet was also on Saturdays and one of his assistant waiters told me that they immediately discontinued the buffet and that it will no longer be available. Basically, I felt very unwelcome as a customer and I felt that those large-order guests were of more importance although I had been part of larger groups there myself.

Hence, I will never set foot in Baan Thai Heidelberg-Rohrbach, Germany again!

2  Thank Rikking W
Reviewed 25 July 2013

This is really my favourite place for Thai food, and all my colleagues I showed this place love it as well. It's not very big, nor is parking always easy, but the food is delicious. Try also the homemade chai-ice-tea with milk, its great especially in combination with a hot / spicy dish.