“OK”

Ranked #201 of 625 Restaurants in Mannheim
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 22 October 2015 via mobile

Food was OK and service was fine. Nothing was particularly great or particularly bad. Went with a group of 8 people from work. Most thought their meal was fine. Three of us had chicken and three had burgers. The one person who ordered a pasta dish was not pleased.

Reviewed 22 August 2015

Unexpected place in Mannheim. Quite crowded and lively. Still relaxed and cozy. Good for a simple honest meal and good drinks.

Reviewed 4 January 2015

This restaurant is in the south west corner of the quadrat and is a conversion of another building. The main dining room is an airy high ceilinged room and the bar area is for smoking and eating. It was autumn when we went and the time of new wine which they had and I had a slice of zweibel kuchen which is traditional for this time of year, but beware its not vegetarian. Also they were doing mussels and so we both chose them they were great a good sized serving. They do a range of dishes like Flammkuchen etc a good place to have a nice evening meal. Dinner for two about 60 euros including wine.

Reviewed 12 October 2014 via mobile

Enormous bowl of moules frites and refreshing glass of Nieu Wein, service was even slower than normal Mannheim standards, if that bothers you go elsewhere. But I'd personally go back.

Reviewed 27 October 2012

This restaurant has all to be successful, great location near the university, and being one of the few alternatives to the cafeteria in the area. But since some time now, I think managment has let go of its cleanliness standards (other reviews have covered the food and service part in depth).

Two incidents, one week apart. The first, with a group of colleagues, we sit in the biergarten. I notice the tables are not only bit sticky, but filthy. I ask the waitress to please send someone to clean them. Her reaction was shocking. She simply said, I just did it! Euh, what? Not backing down, I ask her seriously to clean it. She reluctantly comes back with a dirty rag and wipes the table a little. I thought she was joking, I took a clean wipe from my bag and swiped a line with a finger across the table to show my colleagues: dark brown. Waitress comes back and puts utensils directly on (dirty) table. bon appetit!

Next incident. Group of colleagues in biergarten. Big rat under the table. I tell the personel outside. The reaction: big or small rat? OMG! Like this is not a big deal! The creature stayed there, unafraid of people, like it was at home. Enough said.

Its good to have cute locale, and a nice lunch offer, but there are limits...

2  Thank Rats-in-Paris