“Excellent ”

Restaurant Zur Waldpforte
Ranked #30 of 674 Restaurants in Mannheim
Price range: US$9 - US$26
Cuisines: German
Description: In unmittelbarer Nähe zum Naherholungsgebiet Käfertaler Wald, im Mannheimer Stadtteil Käfertal Nord gelegen, bietet ihnen das Traditions Restaurant „Zur Waldpforte“ eine gutbürgerliche Küche mit einer leckeren Auswahl an warmen und kalten Speisen und Getränken. Unsere Gerichte werden stehts frisch und mit viel Liebe für Sie zubereitet. Dazu bieten wir Ihnen wöchentlich wechselnde „Empfehlungen des Hauses“. In unserem geschmackvoll gestalteten Restaurant steht Ihnen ein abtrennbares Nebenzimmer zur Verfügung. Daher eignet sich unser Restaurant auch hervorragen für Ihre geschlossenen Veranstaltungen, von der Geburtstagsfeier bis zur Hochzeit. Von Frühjahr bis Herbst läd Sie unser gemütlicher Biergarten zum Verweilen in der Sonne ein. Je nach Jahreszeit und Witterung können die Schließzeiten abweichen, deshalb wird eine Reservierung empfohlen.
Reviewed 19 August 2017 via mobile

Great beer, even better food and the staff are very helpful and friendly! I am not German yet feel very welcome and enjoy myself every time I visit... Stefan is such a laugh!

Date of visit: August 2017
Waldpforte, Geschäftsführer at Restaurant Zur Waldpforte, responded to this reviewResponded 2 December 2017

Dear Scott F,

thank you so much for the excellent review.
Is it so nice to read your message from our restaurant.
We hope to see you again in the Waldpforte.

Best regards from the staff-team

Reviewed 23 May 2017

Went on a Thursday. Had a great time with friends. Good Food and the Service could not be any better. Highly recommend it to anyone. English spoken.

Date of visit: May 2017
Waldpforte, Geschäftsführer at Restaurant Zur Waldpforte, responded to this reviewResponded 5 August 2017

Dear Louis,

thank you very much for your great review.
Thats nice to read, that you have a great time in our restaurant.
We hope, we see you again and best regards from the Waldpforte team

Reviewed 20 December 2016

I have live in this area for over 12 years and it was the first time at this restaurant. I was really impressed with the friendly atmosphere and excellent food. I will be returning to this restaurant, hopefully in the summertime when we can sit outside and enjoy the weather and excellent food. We were there celebrating a very good friend's birthday and I was impress that at the end of her meal, she received a very special dessert. Thank you and keep the the good work!

Date of visit: October 2016
Waldpforte, Geschäftsführer at Restaurant Zur Waldpforte, responded to this reviewResponded 28 December 2016

Dear Karen,

thank you so much for your excellent ranking from our restaurant Waldpforte.
It is so nice to read your comment, then was so great words over our food and service.
When you stay again in the Waldpforte we are very happy and give our best again.
Have a nice time and a happy new year 2017.

Your Waldpforte staff-team

Reviewed 29 June 2016 via mobile

To anyone who is travelling to Mannheim soon, pls visit this restaurant. Not only the food are delicious but also the service provided by the staff especially the owner Stefan and Karmen. Wonderful and lovely couple, will definitely recommend this place to those who are travelling to Mannheim soon. Look forward to visit again.

Date of visit: June 2016
Waldpforte, Geschäftsführer at Restaurant Zur Waldpforte, responded to this reviewResponded 9 July 2016

Dear Ysabella2013,

thank you so much for your excellent ranking here in tripadvisor.
Is so nice read your comment and that for you was thumbs up the visit in
our restaurant.
We do the best for all the guest with typical german food.
We hope, when you are back in germany, we see you again.

Best regards from the Waldpforte

Reviewed 28 March 2016

Hi I recently visited Mannheim and found the food in this restaurant excellent. I chose this restaurant as a result of some of the good reviews on Tripadvisor and was not disappointed. I enjoyed it so much I came back for a second visit the following day! The schnitzel I had on my first visit was fantastic, it was a very generous portion size and great value for money. Very tasty! I had to return to try the steak next day! The staff were very friendly and were more than happy to try their best English to look after us (my German is poor!). Stefan the owner made us very welcome. The beers and wines also great value and I would recommend their Chardonnay and Riesling. I will definately return the next time I visit Mannheim!

Date of visit: March 2016
Waldpforte, Geschäftsführer at Restaurant Zur Waldpforte, responded to this reviewResponded 3 April 2016

Dear G E,

thank you very much for your excellent ranking for our food and wine.
Is it so nice to read you comment about the Waldpforte.
You write, when you come again back to Mannheim you will visit us again.
That is for us the best compliment that you can give us.
Thank you so much and the staff-team say hello again when you come to Mannheim.

Family Gruber and the staff-team