“Great healthier find!”

Cuisines: International, Fusion
Good for: Bar Scene
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, After-hours, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Rathaus
Description: Das reiskorn ist seit 2006 eine kulinarische Wohlfühl-Oase in Stuttgarts Mitte. Die "küche auf reisen" führt unsere Gästen auf eine entspannt spannende Reise durch die bunten Küchen der Welt. Sie hat einen pan-asiatischen Fokus, setzt jedoch bewusst auf geschmackliche Elemente aus aller Welt. Ob vegetarisch, vegan, laktose- oder glutenfrei - Unsere ausgefallenen Mähler meistern jeden Gaumenwunsch. Der exotisch mediterrane Sommergarten im Hinterhof lädt zudem Sonnenhungrige zum erfrischenden Eintauchen in unsere kleine Gourmet-Welt ein. Mit einem international dynamischen Team möchten wir getreu unserem Motto "alle an einem tisch - gegessen wird gemeinsam" von jung bis alt begeistern. Wir, das sind Sofia Antoniadou & Ioannis Pipilikakis, haben uns mit dem reiskorn einen kleinen Traum verwirklicht, welchen wir täglich mit unseren Mitarbeitern für unsere Gäste leben.
Reviewed 11 March 2017

We'd been meaning to try Reiskorn for the last year, but never gotten around to it. It's very small, so they're always full if you try to stop in without a reservation. And they're not open for lunch or on Sundays, just fyi). So glad we finally did it. Great find! Creative, inspired menu...Fresh ingredients...Obviously made to order. Plenty of options for vegans, vegetarians and carnivores alike! We tried two appetizers- the curry over sweet potato 'pancakes' and the chicken fortune roll. The curry was delish and so unique over spiralized sweet potatoes. The roll was probably our least favorite only because it had just one sliver of chicken (smaller than the size of my pinky finger) and a whole lot of cabbage, but the flavor was still good. For entrees, we had the duck and the cinnamon chicken. Both were delicious, fresh, and the perfect sized portions. Service is a bit on the slower side and it's as if the waiter forgets about the tables for a while, but other than that, great experience. Will definitely return!

Reviewed 24 February 2017

I've been here once and was very delighted with the food.
I had to reserve the table because the restaurant is very small and crowded most of the times.
There are no separate tables,you will be seated at a long window table of a large table in the centre with other people.Personally I did not have a problem with that.
I had a delicious Chicken salad with mango vinegar and curry aioli,which was super!
The dessert was not bad,but nothing special.

Reviewed 6 February 2017 via mobile

To be honest, this whole "fusion" thing rarely works. Here, however, it does. Perfectly.

The setting is colourful and combines buddhist, islamic and hindu elements, while Cuban music plays on the sound system. The menu obviously combines all sorts of elements (I had thai-inspired "fortune rolls" and a regional celery schnitzel) and is quite quirky. Everything I've sampled tasted great and fresh, and staff were extremely friendly and efficient.

Oh, and they have plenty of vegetarian and vegan dishes that make you forget you like meat.

This is my second time here, and I will be back!

Reviewed 2 December 2016

I went there in the summer with my friend and made reservations upfront. We chose to sit outside in their garden which was really nice and cozy. You also sit together with other guests on big tables. My friend and I ordered Asian dishes. We were not impressed because it was just the stuff you get everywhere else. I missed the spices to kick in ( i had the beef from the wok), the depth and the richness...Im aware that this is complaining on a high level but since I've visited almost all SouthEast-Asian countries, my expectations were that this restaurant (which is clearly Asian fused) differentiates themselves through authentic dishes from the other average and boring so called "Asian" restaurants here ( or better name them Imbiss). Our waitress was very friendly but we noticed that he lost the overview of the orders on his table. Anyhow, i would recommend going there because its comfy- but dont expect too much.

Reviewed 22 August 2016

I had dinner with friends there once. We were seated at the only table in the back of the restaurant which gave the whole evening a cosy atmosphere. The menu is quite original, with some interesting combinations of ingredients and the service is friendly. We enjoyed the evening!