LOUIS Hotel
US$132
US$124
Travelocity
  • Breakfast included
All reviewsperfect locationcourtyard deluxe roomviktualien marketchurch bellsboutique hotelyour doorstepfood marketmarienplatz stationseparate toiletshower curtaintop floorfantastic hotelmunich hotelvisiting munichrooms are nicenice barby foot
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 17 February 2018 via mobile

Just recently returned from a business trip to Munich and enjoyed very much my stay at the Louis. Great location, hip, stylish decor. Fabulous breakfast! Helpful hotel staff. HOWEVER, they need to work on three things: 1. improving WiFi—when traveling on business, having to login anew to a slow WiFi network every 30 minutes is frustrating—especially given the room rates and 2. Wait staff at the bar and at the in house Japanese/Sushi restaurant -nice, but inattentive. They had to be flagged down constantly for drinks, water, utensils etc. (food was quite good, just weak service) and finally #3....you are in Munich.... the Louis needs to have more than just Helles on tap—a good Augustiner Weizen von fass should be mandatory.

Stayed: February 2018
1  Thank NorthbyEast
Kullund W, Manager at LOUIS Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 2 March 2018

Dear NorthbyEast,

thank you very much for your positive review and your detailed feedback.

I am glad to read that you enjoyed your stay at our Hotel despite the fact that some things could have been better.
We are currently planning a new infrastructure of our WIFI network - any lack of stability and speed should not appear anymore.
Thank you very much for comments about the service quality provided in our restaurant during your stay. We will be focused on it.
I myself agree with your comment about "Weizen vom Fass" - but we ascertained that our guest prefer to drink "Lager" beer instead of "Weizen" and because of quality resasons we cannot offer "Weizen" on tap. Therefor we can give our guests a lot of reccomendations for good locations around our Hotel.

Reviewed 15 February 2018

I had a courtyard room at around 300 euros a night. At this price level, the hotel would have had to been basically perfect for me to have given it a better score - as it was, nothing in the hotel could possibly have justified this price. That having been said, there were several minor oversights that contribute to me giving this hotel only three stars out of five.

In the first place, it's customary at a hotel like this to give some welcome fruits or macarons or something along those lines. Here, you get - two complimentary bottles of water. That's not off to the best start, but it's minor and easily disregarded.

Second of all, it's always been annoying to me whenever a hotel/apartment has its toilets separate from the sink/shower area. This is minor and honestly perhaps just peculiar to me - but it wouldn't have been so annoying if, for instance, the toilet door stayed open, so that I could find my way there in the middle of the night without scrambling for the light switch within the toilet room itself, as the door seemed spring-loaded to slam shut, leaving you in the dark. It's difficult to describe exactly what I mean, so if I've been unclear, don't worry about it - it suffices to note that this was quite a minor annoyance, and I've not run across this problem in any other hotels in Europe (even though I'm aware that it's common practice in European apartments to keep the toilet and restrooms separate).

Finally, and more egregiously, I had attached two train tickets to the front desk that I wanted to have printed out. When I rushed downstairs the next day, however, only one had been printed out, and I had to rush back and quickly request that the other be printed out, which almost made me miss my train. Moreover, the woman working reception was quite snippy with me when trying to find the second train ticket, which I did not appreciate.

All in all, it's a hotel I'd maybe pay 200 euros a night for. I do understand that Munich is an expensive city, but the hotel is simply unjustifiable at this price point. The hotel is well-located: I'll grant it that, the wifi was good (although really, that should be a given at any even moderately respectable hotel), and the minibar chocolate covered peanuts were actually quite addictively good, but the price and those minor annoyances above prevent me from giving it more than three stars. I didn't have breakfast or try the hotel restaurant, so I can't say anything about that - but I do find it curious and indicative that the Michelin guide doesn't even give a "Michelin Plate" to the hotel restaurant.

• Stayed: January 2018, travelled solo
1  Thank Odysseus_SPQR329
Reviewed 8 February 2018

This was the first time I slept in the Louis Hotel. Earlier I had visited their Japanese restaurant Emiko, which I liked very much. I chose this hotel as I was attending an event held at the same place. I was not sure if I would like the design, however once I was there I fell in love right away. Its a small property, but they have all it takes to make even the most demanding traveller happy. The room – light, very comfy bed, japanese design, Kilims on the floor, warm light and a very cool closet. My view was towards the market área, which was great. I had roomservice from the Japanese restaurant and it was perfect, both in taste and looks! The gym had everything I needed and the breakfast was very good as well. It even had a vegan buffet.
The location is superp with all major sights withing walking distance.
The service and staff are all outstanding. Very friendly and efficient. This is my new home in Munich.

Room Tip: Room 408 has a great view towards the market
  • Stayed: February 2018, travelled on business
Kullund W, Manager at LOUIS Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 13 February 2018

Dear Oceans14,

thank you very much for your fantastic review.

It is a pleasure to read that you had a great stay at our Hotel and that the design and concept of our Hotel met
your expectations. Also thank you very much for your warm words regarding our staff. I will forward your compliments to them.

Please let us know at any time we can assist you with your next booking.

Reviewed 27 January 2018

Selected for the convenient position in the heart of Munich. And since snow arrived during our stay, this proved a good decision. But delighted by the room we were allocated, it was quiet and there was next to no plastic in any of the furnishings, all made largely of natural products. An impressive feat. Did not take breakfast or dinner here as we wanted to wonder through the city and our stay was short, but there is a chocolate shop at the entrance from the Viktualienmarkt which proved very handy one evening. A great choice of hotel.

Room Tip: Ask for a quiet location
  • Stayed: December 2017, travelled as a couple

Dear BarbinBerks,

thank you very much for your great review.

I am glad to read that you enjoyed your stay at Louis Hotel.

Reviewed 16 January 2018

We arrived on an afternoon after being picked up by a car service the hotel arranged for us from MUC. The staff, Melanie, could not have been nicer or more professional when setting up the reservation. I always go through the Hotel directly. Booking services tend to be so impersonal. Melanie helped pick the right room for me and she explained the car service pick up. You just don't get that kind of service when booking through a 3rd party. Samuele, checked us in and got us situated for a nice local restaurant and was extremely helpful with all and any requests and questions. The hotel was charming and has a great location. Breakfast was fabulous and the staff were completely spot on and professional. looking forward to our next trip back.

Room Tip: call direct it is worth the few dollars in International charges on your phone.
  • Stayed: December 2017, travelled as a couple
Kullund W, Manager at LOUIS Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 11 February 2018

Dear backincarmel,

thank you very much for your great review.

It is a pleasure to read that you had a great stay at our Hotel and that our design and concept met your expectations.
Also thank you very much for your praise about our staff. Without them the success of our Hotel would not be possible!