US$266
Marc Munchen(Munich)
US$423
Hotel Website
  • Breakfast included
Holiday Inn Munich - Westpark(Munich)(Great Value!)
US$335
US$984
US$748
Sofitel
2,721 results
All reviewsrosenheimer platzcity centres bahn stationdeutsches museumdirect accessbusy hotelminute walkexcellent locationbig hotelbusiness triplobby areaconvenient locationmini barper dayhotel barbusiness hotelbreakfast was excellent
Reviewed 2 January 2010

Well its a shame my stay because the hotel instalations seem very good, big hotel, very confortable room and bed. But maybe we had bad luck in the day because the hotel was crouded!!!!! Imagine one thing...to go to our room in the 9 floor, with 4 big elevators we had to wait downstars about 10 to 15 m....Because there were so many pleople going up and down....scary stuff really. We has a 2 floor room that had a door to other room and it hadnt a lock !!! So we went to the reception to change room..well in the reception there were like 3 pleople doing the job..and we had to wait our turn because there were a lot of pleople doing the check in...imagine a airport check in, well it seemded the same thing..And then they give us a 9 floor room and 10 minutes to wait for the elevator...
Well the breakfast , the room was big and the breakfast was simple but we lost our apettite because it was very crouded, noisy, and hot...It seemed like a School cantine ful of kids screaming...not very confortable at all...
Location : Maybe walk 15 to 20 minutes to the center..no very far.We stayed just on afternoon and 1 night. We liked the night better.We went on walk to the center and there are a lots of tipical restaurants and we had a great time on the city. To bad we hadn't little time to visit.
I recommend this hotel only if they cut with the number of people alowed .

• Stayed: July 2009, travelled as a couple
1  Thank giruip
Reviewed 30 December 2009

Stayed here for the weekend in December to visit Christmas Markets. The hotel is ideally located over the undergroung station and only 2 stops from Marienplatz. If the weather is suitable it is also within walking distance of all the main sights in central Munich. The reception was friendly and efficient. The rooms were not overly big, but were very clean and had all the facilities one would expect. A vast array of shops were also situated underneath the hotel. There is a good bar with excellent service in the lobby. I did not try the restaurant, as we ate out. If there is a group of up to 5 travelling, I would advise to get the family ticket or city tour card which covers underground and buses. This is excellent value and is much cheaper than individual tickets. The one thing I feel that could be improved in the hotel, is that there should be more information available on the tourist attractions, and transport system available.

• Stayed: December 2009, travelled with friends
1  Thank Whitethorn
Reviewed 30 December 2009

I stayed at this hotel with my husband and 2 boys (ages 12 & 9) for one night (2 rooms with connectig doors). I wish we were able to stay more but we were going from salzburg on to the Middle East. Check-in was real quick and our rooms were ready before check-in time. Everything was within walking distance: the science museum, pizzahut, mcdonald's, subway, lovely bakeries, and shops. The Marenplatz was also within walking distance. This is the pedestrian shopping area with some fabulous shops as well the amazing Christmas markets that last until Dec. 27. Also, there 's a train station within the hotel building. We got into the hotel elevator and went down to the station and on to the airport..much more convenient and cheaper than a taxi. Also, there's a supermarket in the same building that carries food, snacks, etc.. which is important when travelling with kids.

The hotel service was great. It was late at night when I was trying to blow dry my hair. The hair dryer in the room didn't work so i called housekeeping. The maintenance person was gone for the night & there was no one to fix it. So, the lady from housekeeping came up to my room and gave me the key to another room that was not occupied so that I could do my hair!

There's a kettle in the room, minibar& lovely shower. the rooms are not too big, but a good size. There's onlyone restaurant in the hotel that serves breakfast..but the lobby bar serves nice sandwiches and kids' meals. The breakfast buffet had everything...very rich but too crowded since it's a very big hotel. The service was excellent though.

• Stayed: December 2009, travelled with family
1  Thank buddahMiddleEast
Reviewed 23 December 2009

This is the second time we've stayed here and we'll use it again next time we go to Munich. Very clean and comfortable with excellent service and friendly staff. This hotel is in a great location, 10 minutes walk to the centre of Munich and in a complex which also houses an S-Bahn station - no need to go outside when using the underground. It has a restaurant that serves good quality buffet breakfast, but does not offer evening meals. Some snacks meals are available in the comfortable bar area and also, I believe, via room service. Overall, good value for money.

• Stayed: December 2009, travelled with family
1  Thank DebbieRayner
Reviewed 23 December 2009

Just returned from our 3rd trip to Munich for the Christmas markets, and this time got lots of snow - it was FABULOUS!! We took some friends this time and they loved it just as much as we did. Once again we stayed at the City Centre Holiday Inn which offers very clean and comfortable accommodation at a reasonable price and in a very good location, close to all everything Munich has to offer. It's a mere 10 minute walk into the Marienplatz and no more than 2 - 4 stops away from the other Christmas markets.
Talking of Christmas markets, we saw even more of them this time - aside from the excellent one at Marienplatz, we tried the Tollwood Festival, the Medieval market, the market at Sendlinger Tor and the one in the English Garden (which was particularly spectacular given the snow on the trees, a real winter wonderland). They are all different, and all very worth visiting.
This time we also took the S-bahn to Dachau to visit the concentration camp memorial. This trip involves also involves a short transfer from the railway station by bus, and we were delighted to find the bus waiting for the train's arrival at the station, and then waiting by the gates of the memorial to take us back to the station. That's Germany efficiency for you. It was a good trip, very educational and although thought provoking, not as depressing as I thought it could have been. Free entry as well.
I LOVE Munich - the people are very friendly and the city is so clean, with a very efficient public transport system. We'll be back again next year - I'm starting to see Munich as our second home!
If you haven't tried the delights of this wonderful city at Christmastime, then do it. I'm sure you'll become as addicted as we are!

2  Thank DebbieRayner