“Good variety and Yummy!”
Review of Cafe Maelu

Cafe Maelu
Ranked #5 of 103 Coffee & Tea in Munich
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 30 June 2017 via mobile

They have very interesting desserts re: cakes, pastries, ice-cream, etc.. You will be spoilt with too many choices and as a result I chose 2! One is the blueberry cheese n the other is the pistachio buttery cake. Both are equally good! I was a little disappointed with the hot chocolate drink though as it is not as hot as I wish it to be. Nonetheless I still enjoy my afternoon break in Munich center!

Reviewed 26 June 2017 via mobile

Amazing good-looking and delicious cakes and great coffee. The ice-cream isn't that good though.
Be sure to try the Je t'aime mon amour, Violetta and Siciliana cake. Trust me, you will not regret it!
Sitting inside is not that pretty so go there on a sunny day and take a seat outside, in the street. That's a much better way to enjoy your pretty and sweet treat!

Reviewed 24 June 2017 via mobile

It's expensive but worth it. Very unique, very very good tastes. Highly recommended. Will go back again

Reviewed 19 June 2017

The hardest thing about my visit to Maelu was which cake to order with my coffee, as the choices are extensive. There in the front window of the store you eyes and mind are dazzled by the colourful array of small cakes, eclairs and slices, I settled on the bright green dome shaped cake (pistachio).

While the cakes appear to be expensive when you start cutting into the cake with your spoon you can see the amount of work that is involved in creating this little sweet treat. Beautifully presented on a small round golden tray, the cake consisted of a layer of chocolate sponge cake, a cube of nougat had been embedded and cooked into the next layer of mousse. All of this was covered in a thin layer of bright green jelly and decorated with spirals of chocolate and pistachios. Too good to eat?

The interior of the store is bright white offset by all of the other delicious treats in the store; macaroons, prepackaged biscuits and chocolates. For my visit I sat at the high bench to the side of the counter on the ground floor where I was able to watch people come and go in the store and out in the arcade. My doppio coffee was made well and came with a small glass of sparkling water. The staff were friendly and as they saw me wanting to take a photo, encouraged me to do so. I thoroughly enjoyed this morning treat to myself.
Cafe Maelu was easy to locate, a short walk around from behind the Feldherrnhalle on Odeonplatz.

Reviewed 30 May 2017 via mobile

We had one cake. Totally worth it. Both the calories and the price. I wish had room for one more. All of them look good.