LOUIS Hotel(Munich)
  • Breakfast included
Schiller5 Hotel(Munich)
US$383
  • Bar/Lounge
Holiday Inn Munich - Westpark(Munich)(Great Value!)
US$335
  • Bar/Lounge
US$1,043
US$978
  • Pool
See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 9 November 2015 via mobile

An experience that I never want to repeat!
Luckily just one night!
Moreover the lift is broken.
It is like a test of your patience.
The company booked it. If it were a private trip, I would definitely refuse to stay here. How come they don't have a receptionist who can explain you the lift is broken in English. Awful!!!

Stayed: November 2015
Reviewed 11 July 2015 via mobile

Okay here's the positives:
Very helpful staff, Nice neighbourhood, Wonderfully traditional Bavarian hotel, rare to find in such a big city, 15-25 min (depending on your pace) stroll to Marienplatz, 10-15 min stroll to Munich HBF, Free Brekkie, Beer hall next door, Restaurants, take aways, Aldi and late night corner shop nearby, View of Oktoberfest grounds from hotel lobby, Covered smoking area outside hotel lobby, Comfortable room/bed.

Very little bad to say just some minor improvements maybe: Water pressure in sink very high I soaked myself a few times, wifi free but poor, no air con but for the price I paid I wouldn't have really expected it, Maybe upgrade the carpets - they are looking dated, I found it hard to fully close curtain in room, it's a pity the radio that's built into the bed stand didn't work.

Stayed: July 2015, travelled solo
2  Thank HolidayLunatic
Reviewed 7 July 2015

My boss booked a room at this hotel for 2 nights.
The pictures looked amazing and I didn't look far from the center...
The hotel is quite old, the furniture, Tvs etc are very old, still clean, so was good.
The staff could speak very little English and when I asked for recommendations they had no answers...
The internet situation was really bad, they give you a half page with instructions to log on the internet, and yes, you might have to pay, even if they say it's for free, you might not get it.
My boyfriend spent one night with me, in a room with 2 beds and we had to pay an extra 20euros... I mean, really?

I would never ever return to that hotel.

• Stayed: June 2015, travelled solo
1  Thank Marysa C
Reviewed 4 June 2015

The hotel is nice, quiet and old-fashioned, 30 minutes from the old town, by walk.
The service was not perfect at all (the guy at the reception didn't even try to help me with my luggage), The bathroom was surely too old and too clean,
No hair dryer, no slippers, no bath robes...
But still, this place is not bad, and the price/quality ratio is pretty good here.

Room Tip: Rooms on Theresien Hohe are not too quiet.
  • Stayed: May 2015, travelled solo
Reviewed 2 April 2015

The hotel can be reached on foot from the main train station and the city center. Central heating for the room didn't work, so they provided electric battery, so air in the room was very dry. I asked for hairdryer more than once. Excellent beer restaurant just across the street. It is not bad hotel, I would stay there again, if would be unable to find something better :).

• Stayed: February 2015, travelled on business