“Brilliant Coffee & chocolate & Ice Cream”

Chocolaterie Beluga
Ranked #3 of 75 Dessert in Munich
Price range: US$5 - US$12
Cuisines: Cafe
Dining options: Outdoor Seating
Description: Prime quality chocolates in a cozy cafe, right in the heart of Munich`s Old Town, this is Chocolaterie Beluga. Come and visit us and enjoy a tasty experience in our little world of chocolates, right at the Viktualienmarkt. Besides of our best selling hot chocolate "a chocolate-on-a-spoon" that we serve in 30 different flavors, simply enjoy our handmade Belgian pralines, our "Best Brownie in town", breath taking espresso, cappuccino and much, much more. We also serve a variety of homemade ice creme specialties in summer. You have to try them.
Reviewed 26 August 2016

After a whole day of walking around the Old City of Munich I was exhausted and desperately in need of a coffee. Unfortunately by 6pm all the shops, markets & coffee places had closed and the only thing that seemed to be open was the beer gardens.

But beer is not a substitute when the caffeine craving hits, so I was hoping to at least get some chocolate milkshake in me.

However when we reached here I was able to get a cold coffee with an extra shot and it was the perfect pick-me-up that I needed at that point of time.

We also had the chocolate bomb - like a molten lava cake which was very good and tried the walnut ice cream which was amazing, the White chocolate ice cream wasn't as good as the walnut.

The staff were super sweet & helpful. They speak English fluently, which was a huge advantage to this non-German.

They had lots of yummy looking chocolates that would make great gifts, including little chocolate hedgehogs which were absolutely adorable.

Since we were planning another couple of hours of walking around, we didn't want to carry anything that would get smashed in our bags, so sadly we could only try what we were willing to consume at that point.

Heavily recommended for a lovely break when you are near this market and not yet ready for beer.

Reviewed 22 August 2016

Must try the hot chocolate. Went multiple times during our stay in Munich it was so good. Their pie and cake is a great add to the hot chocolate as well.

Reviewed 1 August 2016

Service worker was very unfriendly to the point that i felt uncomfortable and left before purchasing any chocolate. I walked to the next road and got some great chocolate from Chocolate and More.

Reviewed 26 July 2016

The best hot chocolate I've had in my life, and many flavors to choose from.
Ice cream in summer is also great!

Reviewed 26 July 2016 via mobile

If you love milk chocolate you'll love this place. My favorite was the hot chocolate they sold. It comes on a wooden stick and you're give a hot cup of milk and you melt the chocolate in it. Amazing! Please try it!