1,811 results
All reviews great hotel underground parking squeezed orange juice old town train station neuschwanstein castle breakfast buffet hotel bar i highly recommend this hotel pedestrian mall breakfast was amazing king ludwig shops and restaurants hotel is located romantic road middle of town the main street
Reviewed 9 August 2018

This is a good location on edge of small centre .it has really good staff , , fresh and nice breakfast , clean and very comfortable . will use again . Of note being rebuilt so in-house restaurant closed in 2018 .

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 3 August 2018 via mobile

I loved my visit to Füssen. Such a lovely town. We stayed at Hotel Sonne and my cousins got wonderful rooms (they all had twin beds). I, however, stayed in a single bedroom and would not recommend that. The bathroom is tiny, no air conditioning and no featured like the other rooms had. However, I would love to stay there again. The hallways had lovely mannikens dressed in historical garments. The service was impeccable and the breakfast was the best I have had at any hotel. Loved the bacon. Great variety. Room was very clean and they did offer me an airconditioning unit but for August, it just wasn't enough and I hardly slept. But the hotel is very centrally located. There is a bar/restaurant at the hotel and also many around it. So lovely to walk in the downtown area, eccentric houses and very romantic. Currently, there is construction next to the hotel but I didn't notice any noise but we had to park in a garage only 100m from the hotel and they had diligently sent us information about that prior to our stay. Only reason for not getting 5 star is the single bedroom, as a bit small and lack of air conditioning but as I said before, would love to stay there again in one of the bigger ones..

Date of stay: August 2018
Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 24 July 2018 via mobile

the hotel is extremely quirky and quaint. the staff were excellent. the room overlooked the road so was a tad noisy up until around 11pm. had a great nights sleep and a wonderful breakfast. the location is superb right in the centre and easy access to the castles. thoroughly reccomended

Date of stay: July 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 20 July 2018

We recently stayed in the Prinzregent room which is I guess one of the renovated rooms. It has AC but the first night it was not working right, and we could not sleep. Our room was facing the rooftop of the main floor. By 2am and not having slept, I opened the window but of course had trouble sleeping worried someone could get in, plus there was not breeze. AC very important in the summer. They fixed the AC the next day, and it was great. The beds are comfortable. The room was clean. The bathroom was nice and updated. We really enjoyed the breakfast and felt there were many options to keep everyone happy. They even had takeaway bags.. so we bagged some pretzels to take to the castle visit. The location is very good. There is a current problem with construction of its parking garage, impeding the unloading and loading of a car, but we utilized the lot around the corner across the street. Its not convenient, but it was doable and we had a lot of luggage.

Room tip: Request renovated room with AC. Higher floor if you open windows.
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 18 July 2018 via mobile

I booked this hotel on the advice of my son in law. They had stayed there the year before. We wanted an overnight stop 30/06/18 and Fussen was in a good position for that. Apart from the Hotel being in a beautiful town, it’s very easy to find. I cannot fault one thing about the Hotel. It’s is well presented, very clean and our room was quiet and comfortable. There are luxurious top quality toiletries supplied in the bathroom. Hotel staff were very polite, accommodating and helpful. They serve one of the best breakfasts I have experienced in a Hotel. There is a wonderful choice of foods, both hot and cold: and it is constantly being topped up so that everything is available at all times. I am looking forward to my next visit already.

Date of stay: June 2018