“Slow service - burnt food ”
Review of Zum Pulverer

Zum Pulverer
Ranked #29 of 117 Restaurants in Rothenburg
Cuisines: German, Cafe, Gastropub, Wine Bar
Good for: Local cuisine, Romantic
Good for: Local cuisine, Romantic
Reviewed 30 July 2016 via mobile

While the decor is very nice I would recommend just walking in to look and leaving. Half of the menu was not available and then it took 55 minutes from taking our order to the delivery of the food. When it did eventually come it was poorly cooked (baked potatoes undercooked, eggs burned). I would not recommend this place to anyone.

Reviewed 10 July 2016

The Zum Pulverer offered two things when we ate there: first, a beautiful setting (exquisite woodwork and a classic German setting), and second, very good food at reasonable prices. The service was outstanding, and we truly felt welcomed in this restaurant. Although a lot of Rothenburg is very touristy, this restaurant preserves an authentic feel, which, when combined with the quality of the food, is why we found it to be an excellent experience.

Reviewed 16 June 2016

The woodwork in the restaurant is outstanding. Chairs and ceiling are beautiful. I had my best meal of our 2 week trip. Fresh, hot homemade bread (steaming when brought to our table) with cheese spread and sausage and vegetables on a platter. English spoken here. Would eat here again. Good service

Reviewed 27 December 2015 via mobile

Bratwurst, sauerkraut, ham, eggs, salad, bratwurst dumplings, homemade bread, French fries, and hot chocolate for us. All good. Friendly waiter. Food speed was average. Nice environment.

Reviewed 3 November 2015

Zum Pulverer was recommended to us by the Nightwatchmen, (look up the nightwatchmen's tour in Rothenburg.), and it became a highlight of our trip. I wish I could remember the names of our server and the cook, but they were SO exceptionally nice to us and spoke fluent English. We went in around 9:30 pm with the intention of only have a few drinks, but we ended up saying until closing at 11 and all ordered some fantastic meals! I had the pumpkin soup, and some of my friends ordered a cheese soup they have and it was all superb! The atmosphere is also incredibly cozy, and with the cold weather outside it made for such a warm, delightful end of the night for us.

I will be back in Rothengburg in a few months, and again next August-I plan on making this an absolute must for my travel companions!!

1  Thank Courtney R