US$139
Hotels.com
Hotel Gerberhaus(Rothenburg)
Glocke Hotel(Rothenburg)
  • Restaurant
All reviewsstay there againone nightgreat hotelcouchparkinggermanyeurobedroom
Reviewed 29 March 2016

We stayed here last weekend and my daughter ended up getting sick in the bed. After we checked out, they took 50 euros out of our checking account without even telling us because they said they had to replace all the bedding. After emailing, they were unprofessional and telling us "Why should I pay for something you damaged?" We will not be going back and I would NOT recommend this place with little kids. Despite what it says, it's not family friendly. We got the family suite which was just two hotel rooms across the hall from each other. My 2 and 4 year olds weren't even able to stay in their room. Also, it says it has internet, but ours didn't work the entire time. They just use the free city internet.

• Stayed: March 2016, travelled with family
Edith S, Inhaber at Guesthouse Edith, responded to this reviewResponded 9 April 2016

Hello, I´m sorry, that your daughter got sick while you was at my house. You booked this family room, where the rooms are seperate. It´s written in the room discribtion. We also have another family room at 3rd floor which is an apartment with a bath room and two rooms all together like a flat.
Your daughter was sick and made the bed dirty. You put the bed inoi the shower, didn´t tell me or the women who does the rooms something about your problem and put the room key in the box. I charged you in advance, because another time, when people disturbed something and I told them before, the card didn´t work anymore.
I need to buy a new bed inlay, cover and sheet, because there are stains still in the stuff after more times washing.
My question again: Wy should I pay for something you damaged?

Reviewed 9 September 2015

We were only one night in Rothenburg, and did not spend all that much time in our room, as Rothenburg is just the most beautiful medieval city and we explored it from top to bottom. The guesthouse is good value for money, as it was far cheaper than any of the other hotels we looked at. Its comfortable, clean and quaint. However we found the bed to be bit uncomfortable and the pillows too flat for my liking. It was extremely hot when we were there, and there was no aircon in the room.
I would have rated an average but the location is awesome.
We left early in the morning to catch a train and noone was up so just keep in mind that reception is not available 24 hours.

• Stayed: August 2015, travelled as a couple
1  Thank WanderingCindy
Reviewed 23 August 2015

Gastehaus Edith is a quaint, clean and comfortable hotel to stay within a few blocks from the town square. Everything in the rooms are modern and function perfectly. A restaurant is located on the ground floor with a separate entrance for hotel guests. A good value for the price paid.

Room Tip: Wi-fi is not secure, so beware.
  • Stayed: August 2015, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 21 August 2015

Guesthouse Edith is in a great location in Rothenburg - located on a quiet street steps from the market square. We got a triple room for 75 euro ($83US), which was crazy low compared to other places we stayed during our 6 weeks in Germany. Yes, the room was a little dated and the Egyptian decorations were somewhat incongruous. Yes, the 'free WiFi' only worked outside the hotel and half a block walk towards market square (still trying to figure that one out!) Yes, the arrival process was a little weird since the owner didn't answer the doorbell for 10 minutes and then seemed irritated that we'd rung at noon to leave our bags (we had parked outside the walls of town so as not to have to drive within). But, once we got past that, we were allowed to check in 3 hours early (!), the beds were comfortable, the bathroom was huge, the location was unbeatable, and the price was amazing. I would stay here again! (and yes, we were on the 3rd floor and had to use the stairs - but that is pretty normal for most of old Europe - enjoy getting the exercise and have another pretzel!)

• Stayed: August 2015, travelled with family
Reviewed 24 June 2015

We loved our room! It was very spacious and clean. Though it was on the third floor, we were expecting it and did not have any trouble going up the stairs as we traveled light. The 8 eur breakfast was also of good value. The time we were there, there was an ongoing DB Bahn strike but our host helped us with our taxi arrangement.

• Stayed: May 2015, travelled with family