Hotel Spitzweg
US$141
Agoda.com
Burghotel(Rothenburg)
  • Breakfast included
All reviewsherr hocherthe ownerhuge platterfree parkingbreadno elevatorcharming b bhand painted furniturehearty breakfastthe inn keeperold townthe main squaremedieval festivalnext morninginside the walled citysmall hotelspent two nights
Reviewed 23 October 2012

I know everyone has their own standards so I can accept the great reviews I see but I can't agree. The hotel was in the center of things and parking was handy behind the building. The breakfast served by owners was varied and more than adequate. The Cons: the twin room was up two long, winding flights of stairs and difficult to navigate. The carpet was very worn. The low, sloping ceilings in the room over the bed and in the bathroom caused me to bump my head and see stars more than once. The bathroom was modern with splash guard by tub for showers. The twin beds were very small compared to other hotels. There was no receptionist on site and had to be called by buzzer when we arrived. No WiFi. All in all I'd say it was a good value for the price but it was not for me.

Stayed: October 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Madisongirl2106
Reviewed 21 October 2012

Great place to stay!
Breakfast was an absolute feast for those that enjoy "continental" but rather dietary for those who would prefer a "fry-up" or even toast and marmalade!
VISA was shown as being accepted but on the day of paying our bill the "machine" was down so we had to pay cash. Mastercard was however accepted and apparently that machine was working.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 11 October 2012

In any trip to Germany, Rothenburg is a town that should not be missed. And the Hotel Spitzweg is one of the best values we found on our trip. The owner of the hotel is as delightful as he has been described by other travelers. We felt like he was genuinely happy to have us stay with him, our room was immaculate, charming (wood floors and hand-painted furniture) and ready for an early check-in, breakfast was delicious and included a wonderful soup and homemade bread, and we were offered fruit to take with us when we checked out. Put simply, we were treated like family. As mentioned, the hotel location is close to the town center, but on a quiet and private street. I would visit Rothenburg again in a heartbeat, and I would definitely stay at the Hotel Spitzweg.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 7 October 2012

I stayed in the single room and just loved it. The bed was comfortable, the bathroom and bedroom were super clean. It was a quiet location and the morning breakfasts were wonderful. You can walk all over the small town from here very easily.

I would stay here with no question again. There is no internet, but who needs it? You're on VACATION! Enjoy!

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled with friends
Reviewed 23 September 2012

The hotel is located perfectly a couple blocks from the main square and includes free parking. It is a beautiful historic hotel full of character. But, by far, the best feature is the owner and his family, who genuinely care about you and your stay. They are friendly and helpful. Even walking you to your car at the end of your stay. Full of wonderful tips and insights. They make the hotel all that it is. Thank you for your kindness!!

Room Tip: Each room has it's own character and any room would be lovely.
  • Stayed: September 2012, travelled with friends