“Fantastic Asian”

Ranked #98 of 8,856 Restaurants in Berlin
Neighbourhood: Kreuzberg
Neighbourhood: Kreuzberg
Reviewed 11 May 2017

Visited this fantastic Asian restaurant on Bergmannstrasse for a quick evening meal - the original pho was very good, for a very moderate price you get a tasty and hearty meal. They also have a children's menu and the chicken wok-dish my daughter had received praise from her.

Reviewed 11 May 2017

OMG what a great place. We had the family eal thing and it was completely delicious. It's a lovely place with a lovely vibe and excellent value for money.

Reviewed 20 April 2017

I live in the neighborhood and since Umami opened, it has right away become my favorite spot in my kiez! I'm totally addicted!
I go there at least once per week, and often even more!
What I love is that there's sooooo much in the menu to try and absolutely everything is delicious. They also have weekly menus with new dishes every time, so it's great for regulars like me.

My favorites are the Pearls on Spoons as a Starter (scallops), the Tuna Me On as main dish and to end it all the AMAZING vietnamese coffee (the ice version in summer is even better!!). The cocktails are really good! I'd recommend the cinnamon one that actually tastes really refreshing and is not as sweet as someone would expect from the ingredients! Absolutely delicious!

The staff is composed by adorable young cool kids that are always very sweet and helpful. They all speak english, so great for foreigners, too.

As I said: BEST RESTAURANT IN THE KIEZ! :-)

Reviewed 20 March 2017 via mobile

I had the best Vietnamese dishes in this restaurant.
Umamis atmosphere is always great.
The portions are not only large and voluptuous, the prices are more then fair ( the majority of the main dishes cost around 7€).
Great cocktails as well!!
I would always recommend to BOOK A TABLE in advance!
to the popularity of this place, it is full most of the times, people without reservations have to wait often.
Great for a visit with friends!

Reviewed 25 February 2017 via mobile

It is rare that you find so good food for such low price. Strangely the starters outshines the main dishes, but the coffee was what blew off the roof.

Been to Umami? Share your experiences!