“Best spring rolls ever”

Price range: US$6 - US$25
Neighbourhood: Charlottenburg
Neighbourhood: Charlottenburg
Reviewed 20 August 2017 via mobile

Cute little restaurant with really friendly staff. Best spring and summer rolls we've ever eaten followed by Bo Ban (so so tasty) and the crispy duck red curry. We decided to go all out and went for dessert too - baked bananas were amazing! Really well priced too. Highly recommend!

1  Thank Natalie D

Reviewed 19 August 2017 via mobile

I will keep it simple. Delicious!

Two great tasting meals from the specials menu. Quick service. Big portions. A great price. (Inside the restaurant is unexpectedly large too).

Highly recommended.

1  Thank rmcc00ty
Reviewed 11 August 2017 via mobile

I had dinner here on a weekday. The food was fine, nothing special. The servers were generally pretty nice. They put much sugar in all their dishes, though.

Reviewed 8 August 2017

The food I got was very nice and huge serving. My son said his chicken curry was also delicious. Our orders were both "lunch offers" for the day but it took sometime before we got them. I think they need more staff during peak hours. despite that, the staff were still smiling and doing their best. The place is surprisingly very big inside and the decors are very nice. Looks like a real Vietnamese restaurant.

Reviewed 1 August 2017

First went to Cao Cao in November 2016. It must have been quite new, I couldn't find it on Tripadvisor at all (and well, didn't write a first review though I thought about it).

Loved the food. I was alone and I had the crispy duck with red curry and vegetables. I raved about it so much to my husband that we decided on another trip to Berlin.

Went to eat there twice in two days. We both had the aforementioned duck and ordered a no-name bottle of Chardonnay from the menu. The duck was excellent as last time and the wine was also really good, a lovely bottle of La Baume reserve at quite a reasonable price. I can't for the life of me understand why they don't mention the wines' names in the menu.
The second day we had the other type of duck, duck breast with avocado salad and sweet soy sauce. It was also very good, though maybe not quite as good as the curry one.

Only thing that would have made the experience better is if the lovely waitress (who I also think is the manager of the place, though I could be wrong) would open the bottle at the table and pour in a glass for a taste.

Everything was really clean and nice, the toilets spotless.

Excellent place and I will be back every time I visit Berlin, for sure!

1  Thank hrunars