“Bangin' Bolognese!”

Price range: US$5 - US$29
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Kreuzberg
Description: 2009 erfüllte ich mir in Berlin mit Peperoncino meinen großen Traum. Gemeinsam mit meiner Frau Ewelina verwöhne ich nun jeden Tag aufs Neue die Gaumen meiner Gäste mit allem, was die mediterrane Küche zu bieten hat: Hausgemachte Pasta, frischer Fisch, Wurst, Fleisch, Antipasti und saisonales Gemüse kommen bei uns auf den Tisch. So wie ich es von meiner mamma gelernt habe. Die Familie, der Fußball und auch das Essen sind uns Italienern heilig. Denn Essen ist ein Genuss, es geht nicht einfach nur darum, satt zu werden. Eine gelungene Mahlzeit braucht Zeit, gute Gesellschaft und Frische. All das finden Sie in der Trattoria Peperoncino. Lassen Sie sich von mir und meiner Frau in den Süden Italiens entführen und von unseren hausgemachten Köstlichkeiten verführen.
Reviewed 2 March 2015

Heard about this through Trip Advisor, absolutely incredible Italian food. We both had the Bolognese and it was delicious. The portions are huge and great value for money with most of the pasta dishes being around €7. The waiter was highly accommodating and spoke enough English. The chef even came out to ask how we were enjoying our meal. A definite recommend! Free shots at the end too if you're lucky!

2  Thank Sue C

Reviewed 2 March 2015

From the outside, this restaurant is very unassuming, and there weren't too many people in when we arrived. The meals on the menu all seemed pretty basic, as well as the wine list (white/red or rose are the options). I started to think we'd made a mistake...but don't be put off! Order mains from the specials board - we had antipasto platter for 2 to start which had the best mozarella I have ever tasted - and I ordered marscapone gnocchi which was absolutely fantastic. Service was laid back and very friendly - our waiter who had dreadlocks was particularly helpful telling us in English what everything was when the food came (English menus are also available). We even got flaming sambucas to finish! I fully recommend this restaurant, mains were very rich and flavoursome - tastiest Italian food I've ever had!

3  Thank Mairi T
Reviewed 1 March 2015

A wonderful family restaurant with delicious Italian dishes.
Would probably visit again next time I'm in Berlin.

1  Thank ron021
Reviewed 3 February 2015

Heard about this restaurant though Trip Advisor and was so glad we visited.
My fiancé and I shared the 'antipasti for two' and it was the best selection I have ever tasted (I've had many in my time) it was truly delicious!
The staff were friendly and we felt so welcome. If I were to go back to Berlin I would not hesitate to visit here.

3  Thank carolinercarey
Reviewed 28 January 2015

If You are broke and hungry - Go! If You are not broke and not that hungry - find another place. Charming service that lacked professionalism but got the job done. Boring antipasto. I paid 46 EUR for an ok bottle of Primitivo di Manduria, that was ok.

2  Thank Lars B