“Nice Vietnamese Asian restaurant at the heart of Berlin”
Review of Lieu in Berlin

Lieu in Berlin
Ranked #157 of 8,994 Restaurants in Berlin
Price range: US$10 - US$50
Cuisines: Asian, Vietnamese, Gastropub
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, After-hours, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Schöneberg
Reviewed 27 June 2017

I stayed at the hotel next door, and ended up eating here a few times. The food is good, though different from the Vietnamese food you get in the US. Well, most Asian food tastes different in Europe. But the food is good.

They offer lunch specials on weekdays. If you go on a day when they offer duck on lunch special, go for it. It's very good.

Reviewed 22 June 2017

This restaurant banks on the audience of captive hotel guests from nearby who do not want to eat in the hotel restaurants.
The food is very generic and apart from a slightly nicer presentation not better than anything you can get from any Chinese food stall in the city, only that it's approximately twice as expensive. My main dish was so generic in fact that I had to check on the menu again, if this was really what I ordered. Twice! And I am still not sure because the dish on the menu involved yellow curry and I did not find any trace of curry whatsoever.

In summary I don't recommend this place.

Reviewed 17 June 2017

Service was not so good - too much waiting, at first we thought we had been forgotten. Waiter was very confused with our order - took awhile to make it clear.
Food was average - nothing special.

Reviewed 15 June 2017 via mobile

It is not much to look at, and the that dog I read about is someone's review is still inside the Resturant, it is very good at a good value. I would go back. I had the ginger chicken and I asked for it spicy, and boy was it spicy. I love it! The spring roles I read about from the reviews were OK but not great. As I sat down to look at the menu I noticed on the first page a message that said they did not take credit cards. I did not have enough cash like a good American but as it turns out they do take master card. I noticed everyome else paying with cash. Do go here.

Reviewed 24 May 2017 via mobile

The food was average in flavours and the service was below average. The chopsticks were wooded so it tasted like soap. A small dog entered the premises around 7:00pm and it made the experience seemed dirty.