“Has the coolest cafe in town”
Review of Michelberger Hotel

Michelberger Hotel
Ranked #129 of 633 Hotels in Berlin
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed 13 April 2017

I did not stay in the hotel but we have been in the amazing cafe twice and i loved the ambiance so much with the books and low light and comfortable seats and nice music. Can spend my hours chilling there, absoulatly one of my fav places in Berlin, plus i liked the coffees a lot!

Cool idea to make lamps with books by the way ;)

Room Tip: The xafe is amazing!
  • Stayed: January 2017, travelled with friends

Reviewed 27 March 2017

We stayed here for a few days and thought the hotel was "cool" but without being pretentious or unfriendly.
From the hotel it's easy to walk into Friedrichshain or the S-Bahn/U-Bahn station is just over the road for travelling to other areas of the city.
The rooms are clean and well designed with lots of natural light. There is also a lively bar downstairs although this didn't disturb us in the room, and the breakfast was great with plenty of healthy choices.
Altogether a brilliant place to stay in Berlin.

• Stayed: March 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank telstarbox
Reviewed 27 March 2017

My plane never left Paris because of the Orly terrorist attack Saturday March 25th. I was there, when it happens, it wasn't a funny moment.

I have called the hotel and explained them the situation. After lying to me and saying that BookingDatCom were the only ones who could decided if I could be refunded (which was not true, the Hotel could have done whatever they wanted to -if they wanted to) they just ended the discussion because I was "taking it personally".

The staff could have been supportive and offer, for example, to report the reservation. Hell no, I have been charged 90% of the booking price. They just decided to act like robots, which means if legally they don't have to refund me a part of my booking or report my reservation, they won't do it.

Can't wait to see the answer of one of the employee (I won't tell her name).

Lovely experience.

Stayed: March 2017, travelled as a couple
Michelberger, Owner at Michelberger Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 31 March 2017

Dear guest,

your complaint does not reflect the facts. On March 14th, 9 days before the attack in Orly, you already tried to cancel the reservation. Since you were booking through Booking.com with a non refundable rate, we explained to you that only a 10% refund could apply. You reacted by insulting our staff already by phone.

On the 18.3 you called again, cancelling your reservation with us with no reason mentioned. We refunded 10% of your booking.

On the 25th you called in the morning, that you cannot come because of an attack at Orly and got again furious at our staff, not remembering the phone conversation you had 7 days before with the same member of our staff.

On the night of the 26th your girlfriend called and asked us to reactivate the booking, since you managed to get a later flight. Out of courtesy we put the entire booking live again.
In the morning you registered as a no show.

We are tolerant, easy and reliable to engage with and very well organised. We respect every guest. You crossed professional and personal borders and used the terrible event in Orly to your advantage.

Our colleague acted in full accordance with what we stand for. All the best for you,

Your Michelberger Hotel

Reviewed 23 March 2017

in my experience Berlin hotels are functional and bland. they are a safe bet, reliable, but not very exciting. This place offers much more and was a genuine pleasure. Great customer service, convenient location, fantastic food, own-brand lager and I thought good value for money. The in-house restaurant competes with the very best that Berlin has to offer.

• Stayed: March 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 23 March 2017 via mobile

Had a lovely weekend in Berlin and stayed at the Michelberger hotel.

Though the bar area was lovely and the room clean, for a three day break the room was a little too cosy.

No storage / wardrobe space which meant we lived out of our cases. No great drama, all else in the "posh hostel" was lovely. However, because of the room size I would choose to stay elsewhere next time.

Stayed: March 2017, travelled as a couple