“Great but probably won't go back”
Review of Haveli

Haveli
Ranked #12 of 8,845 Restaurants in Berlin
Cuisines: Indian
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Dinner, Delivery, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Schoneberg
Reviewed 20 August 2017 via mobile

The title of this post is probably confusing...so let me explain now ii have calmed down a bit. Took my son here for dinner this evening and had a delicious and reasonably priced meal - chicken pakora, chicken Jalfrezi, Lychee Lassi and a Kingfisher beer. After delightful service by both of the ladies waiting tables this evening we noticed the table next to us order Gulab Jamun (super sweet and tasty dough balls covered in syrup) so we asked the waiter for these along with a glass of water. Explaining that tap water would be ok he suggested that they can't give me tap water. After politely asking again and telling him that we live in Berlin so know he really can give tap water if he wanted to his reply was "order mineral water or go outside to get a drink". Needless to say the dessert order was cancelled and instead the check was ordered. Paid and left immediately - and pretty sure we will find other Indian restaurants to give our money to...the review rating of 4 reflects how good the food is and that the other staff were great.

2  Thank boso2125

Reviewed 18 August 2017 via mobile

We came here on a suggestion from a local. We are so glad we did! The food was fresh and hot. The hosts were very welcoming. We were surprised it was empty. Not sure if we came too late in the evening and it was a Thursday. Regardless we will come again when we travel back to Berlin!

Reviewed 16 August 2017 via mobile

Had many Indians and this was by far my favourite. Incredibly friendly staff as well and pleasant atmosphere

Reviewed 14 August 2017 via mobile

My favourite indian easily, I'm boring and always go for the korma but it's so good. Also the best service ive ever received

Reviewed 9 August 2017 via mobile

I've been to South India twice and have visited a lot of Indian restaurants - and this one is one of the best.
The portions are perfect, the food is excellent and even spicy!