“Use your GP points here,...”
Review of Grand Hyatt Berlin

Grand Hyatt Berlin
Ranked #19 of 634 Hotels in Berlin
Reviewed 21 July 2011

We spent half a week at the Hyatt Berlin, it was my second time, and I decided to return, as I stick to Hyatt wherever I can. I think the regular price is too high, and the reservation office did not agree to any kind of discount, although I book Hyatts all over the world since 2005. Hence, GP points are a OK choice if you want to avoid the price range of 300 EUR ++ per night without Breakfast.
We were upgraded to a larger room, but that is standard for Diamond members. Staff was corteus, and the Grand Club is fine, although there is no nice view. Breakfast was good, the bed and bathroom excellent - similar to the Hyatt Hamburg, althouh the Hyatt Hamburg beats it´s counterpart in Berlin. Location is great (Potsdamer Platz), just close by to the Ritz and the Marriott which are sometimes cheaper than the Hyatt.
Would we go again? Most likely, although the price does not really justify the poor views, and the little oldish looking furniture (green, red design).
4 out of 5 for us.

Room Tip: get the diamond membership to be upgraded
  • Stayed: June 2011, travelled as a couple
3  Thank VfB 1893
Write a ReviewReviews (3,204)

Reviewed 18 July 2011

Enjoyed our stay at the Grand Hyatt very much. The room had everything you needed and more including a night light and automatic blinds. The beds were very comfortable and the bathroom had a separate loo, shower/wet room and dressing area which were clean and spacious and there were plenty of good quality towels.
Best of all was the breakfast with almost any fruit you could wish for, eggs to order,wonderful cheeses and surprisingly good coffee.
We had a meal in the Vox for our wedding anniversary and whilst it was expensive it was not only a work of art but a heavenly mixture of tastes. How anyone has the patience to take the stone out of a cherry and stuff it with a lovely beetroot sweet paste I cannot imagine.It was interesting to watch the calm chefs at work - nothing like Gordon Ramsey's!
A word of warning. Wine is extortionately expensive all over Berlin. We had a good meal at the recommended Lutter & Wegner restaurant in Potsdamer but were "persuaded" to have a whole bottle by a rather unscrupulous waiter who didn't make the cost clear although we asked. We recognised the wine as a middle of the road type probably retailing at home for £6.99 so expected it to be in the region of £20 but when the bill came it was 75€. The manager sorted the problem out but it spoilt a nice evening.
All in all the short stay in Berlin was very enjoyable.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank M.J.Dance
Reviewed 14 July 2011

Stayed at the Grand Hyatt for an event for 2 nights during Fashion week.

The hotel is 5*, no doubt... the location, the design, the service & especially the concierge.

Rooms are "Hyatt" - so no surprise. I didn't like the smallish shower head. Internet only free if you do have higher Hyatt status (Platinum, Diamond).

Breakfast, in my eyes, was disappointing. Selection not bigger than in some Club Lounges, and set up too scrambled. Anyway, outside seating a big Plus.

Yes, these are small things... but Berlin has the Ritz Carlton and especially the Adlon. Why, when you're in Berlin not every week, should you stay at a chain hotel when you can have the "Adlon experience"?

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled with friends
1  Thank HONkiev
Reviewed 12 July 2011

I spent a weekend at the Grand Hyatt Berlin to attend a friend´s 50th birthday party. Of course we had very lively evenings, and hectic days which led to the inevitable stress of having breakfast. I´m a frequent traveller both for business as well as for leisure, but I´ve never so far had a person attend me at breakfast and anticipate my needs, help me to find a table quickly, and get me the very necessary Earl Greay tea and eggs in a second so I wouldn´t miss my sightseeing tour. This really impressed me - as breakfast at hotels is very nice if you have time, but can end up being stressful if you´re in a rush. By the way, the breakfast buffet is to be enjoyed as it´s very esthetically layed out as well as delicious.
I found the staff very attentive, going out of their way to accompany you to find the right area you might be looking for be it elevator, bathrooms etc. The rooms are very comfortable, and as soon as you think about something and reach for it - you will find it. Not like in so many hotels where you have to search the whole room to find the shoe polish or whatever you´re looking for.
Overall I understand why one of my bosses claimed this to be his favourite hotel.

• Stayed: February 2011, travelled solo
1  Thank KajsaTroften
Reviewed 27 June 2011

Stayed here for a Conference, the Room was amazing and the services was second to none.
Only down side i could comment on was my room was overlooked by an office block, so was glad i remembered to pack pyjamas.

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled on business