3 people are viewing this hotel
MercureUS$84
Hotels.comUS$80
FindHotelUS$80
3,794 results
All reviews checkpoint charlie great hotel quiet street around the corner excellent location big room minute walk main attractions stayed here for nights u bahn station hotel is situated double bed kitchenette germany stops
Selected filters
Reviewed 9 February 2020 via mobile

We stayed here on our last stop during a week of visiting Christmas Markets in Germany. Room was very large and fun bar on the main floor.

Prior to arriving I had lost my US passport. I needed help filling out the online emergency application and printing it out at the hotel. The young lady at the front desk went out of her way to help me and I was able to get the replacement one at the US Embassy within 24 hours.

So thankful for her help!!

Date of stay: December 2019
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
2  Thank jack_b1
H3120-GM, Manager at Mercure Hotel & Residenz Berlin Checkpoint Charlie, responded to this reviewResponded 9 February 2020

We highly appreciate and value your feedback and consider it a highlight in our daily routine as hosts. On behalf of our staff and management, we are very pleased that you gave us the highest ratings. We will gladly pass along this top reviews and lovely remarks on our services to the respective staff members and employees. Your satisfaction both validates our team’s dedicated daily efforts and highly motivates us to keep striving for excellent services in the future. We are very happy that you felt so comfortable with us.

My team and I are looking forward to welcoming you back as a guest hopefully soon.

Best regards,

Reviewed 3 February 2020

• Trip type: Travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com
H3120-GM, General Manager at Mercure Hotel & Residenz Berlin Checkpoint Charlie, responded to this reviewResponded 4 February 2020

Reviewed 3 February 2020

Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com

Reviewed 13 January 2020

We had a nice stay at the Mercure, I didnt like the smell in the room when we checked in and immediately house keeping manager checked us to different room which had fabulous bathroom. It was very spacious and modern. Bed was comfy. Location perfect as close to check point charlie. After our return back to London, I found out that I lost my tiffany necklace and one of near by cafe found it, hotel was so nice and told us they can post to us if someone brings it to hotel. I phoned them/emailed them many times to
check on the process and they all have been super helpful. Thank you so much again!!!

Trip type: Travelled as a couple
2  Thank PetraS1249
H3120-GM, Manager at Mercure Hotel & Residenz Berlin Checkpoint Charlie, responded to this reviewResponded 14 January 2020

On behalf of my entire team as well as on a personal note, I would like to thank you for your stellar review and the great remarks especially on the staff. We truly appreciate positive feedback such as yours as it encourages us to stay committed to providing the best services possible for our guests.

We are looking forward to welcoming you as a guest in our hotel again.

Yours sincerely,

Reviewed 13 January 2020

Let’s face it ..when you see one Receptionist managing counter mostly than that’s a bad sign for something deemed as 4 star. This is a cozy hotel tucked in a nice place , probably value for money. Room size is good. I could open the windows as European hotels heat up their interiors rather too much for my taste. However, what good is a hotel if they can’t fix a non existent WiFi connection. In today’s world , it is unacceptable !. I stayed at 2 I]other Hotels and both places provided WiFi extenders to address weak internet. This Hotel receptionist kept telling us to try out the Hotel lobby area rather than address our room WiFi. This is ignorance of customer service. We asked her to come to our room but she didn’t . Basically told us to suck it up ! My whole holiday planning is contingent on WiFi access. Secondly , at least to me, a 4 star hotel should offer the choice of extra pillows, firm or otherwise. These people have no such option. I don’t think they have any Room service whatsoever actually after hours so be prepared. Lastly, I’m not sure whether I’m expecting too much, but in Europe a morning breakfast coffee by automatic dispensing machine is a 2-3 star budget hotel option and Mercure is a 4 star not a Budget hotel. Your Minifridge is based at the reception and you get a few free drinks but they write it in a coupon they give you. Seems childish and inconvenient. So 4 star for location and room size and cleanliness plus toilets, 2 star for servicing and breakfast . 1.2 star for addressing and recognizing customer inconvenience and frustration .

Room tip: Check WiFi signal before accepting Room. Use courtyard facing room if want Windows open. Don’t pay for breakfast as the menu is mediocre .
3  Thank actualiser

Thank you for your detailed review, the positive Feedback on the room, and also for your critique and suggestions on improvement regarding our service und the breakfast. We take your input very seriously and I have already discussed it with the managers and colleagues in charge. Please accept my apologies for the inconveniences you had to deal with.

Rest assured that we will take necessary measures so that an experience like yours will continue to be the rare exception. On a personal note and on behalf of my team, I would like to ask you to come back once more for an opportunity to prove to you that we can do a much better job.

I sincerely hope that your next visit will leave you completely satisfied. We would love to welcome you back.

Best regards,