3 people are viewing this hotel
PricelineUS$80
Hotels.comUS$80
MercureUS$83
3,791 results
All reviews checkpoint charlie great hotel quiet street around the corner excellent location big room minute walk main attractions stayed here for nights u bahn station hotel is situated double bed kitchenette germany stops
Selected filters
Reviewed 13 February 2020

This hotel is located just around the corner from Checkpoint Charlie. It is just far enough away to avoid the main tourist areas though so is in a quiet location.
We stayed in a double superior room that was in the Residenz part of the hotel. The room was huge with a sofa bed, toilet and kitchenette on one level then a large double bed and bathroom up some stairs.
Staff were very friendly and there was a nice bar in the main part of the hotel next door.
As this hotel is centrally located, it is ideal for exploring the sights of Berlin. You can walk to most sights or take the U Bahn. Taxis are not too expensive either.
We would certainly stay here again should we return to Berlin.

2  Thank spikeymires
H3120-GM, Manager at Mercure Hotel & Residenz Berlin Checkpoint Charlie, responded to this reviewResponded 16 February 2020

Thank you so much for this great feedback. I am very pleased that you rated us highest and are delighted that you really enjoyed your stay with us and the room in particular. Our guests deserve the best.

It is of great importance to us that you were satisfied with our services. The positive remarks on the staff made us very happy and after I gladly passed on the results to my team, I would like to say a sincere “thank you” on their behalf.

We hope to welcome you as our guest soon again.

Best regards,

Reviewed 9 February 2020 via mobile

We stayed here on our last stop during a week of visiting Christmas Markets in Germany. Room was very large and fun bar on the main floor.

Prior to arriving I had lost my US passport. I needed help filling out the online emergency application and printing it out at the hotel. The young lady at the front desk went out of her way to help me and I was able to get the replacement one at the US Embassy within 24 hours.

So thankful for her help!!

Date of stay: December 2019
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
2  Thank jack_b1
H3120-GM, Manager at Mercure Hotel & Residenz Berlin Checkpoint Charlie, responded to this reviewResponded 9 February 2020

We highly appreciate and value your feedback and consider it a highlight in our daily routine as hosts. On behalf of our staff and management, we are very pleased that you gave us the highest ratings. We will gladly pass along this top reviews and lovely remarks on our services to the respective staff members and employees. Your satisfaction both validates our team’s dedicated daily efforts and highly motivates us to keep striving for excellent services in the future. We are very happy that you felt so comfortable with us.

My team and I are looking forward to welcoming you back as a guest hopefully soon.

Best regards,

Reviewed 3 February 2020

• Trip type: Travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com
H3120-GM, General Manager at Mercure Hotel & Residenz Berlin Checkpoint Charlie, responded to this reviewResponded 4 February 2020

Reviewed 3 February 2020

Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com

Reviewed 13 January 2020

We had a nice stay at the Mercure, I didnt like the smell in the room when we checked in and immediately house keeping manager checked us to different room which had fabulous bathroom. It was very spacious and modern. Bed was comfy. Location perfect as close to check point charlie. After our return back to London, I found out that I lost my tiffany necklace and one of near by cafe found it, hotel was so nice and told us they can post to us if someone brings it to hotel. I phoned them/emailed them many times to
check on the process and they all have been super helpful. Thank you so much again!!!

Trip type: Travelled as a couple
2  Thank PetraS1249
H3120-GM, Manager at Mercure Hotel & Residenz Berlin Checkpoint Charlie, responded to this reviewResponded 14 January 2020

On behalf of my entire team as well as on a personal note, I would like to thank you for your stellar review and the great remarks especially on the staff. We truly appreciate positive feedback such as yours as it encourages us to stay committed to providing the best services possible for our guests.

We are looking forward to welcoming you as a guest in our hotel again.

Yours sincerely,