3 people are viewing this hotel
Lock in the lowest price from these sites
Expedia.comUS$105
Hotels.comUS$105
MercureUS$110
PricelineUS$105
eDreamsUS$105
ZenHotels.comUS$144
3,783 results
All reviews checkpoint charlie check point charlie great hotel quiet street around the corner huge room coffee machine excellent location sitting area sofa bed walking distance euros per person central location walk in shower mini bar tourist attractions city break
Selected filters
Reviewed 5 March 2020

Im a loyal member - of Accor chain - enouph space and good organized with special details
Mercure Check point also located 10 of 10 points
Been staying for a weekend - quite short - second day 100 Eur disappeared from the closed safe in my
room .I been paying by card everywhere - so it was easely to check - also when tryed to open safe - I coildnt open for few times -been shown mistake .When reported to the main hotel manager - told we can check it just on Monday .I regret didn`t call police - as it nobody entered my room - means cleaning staff can open safes somehow .

Date of stay: March 2020
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com
3  Thank Connector276175
Benedikt Heydweiller, Other at Mercure Hotel & Residenz Berlin Checkpoint Charlie, responded to this reviewResponded 12 March 2020

Thank you for being our guest and for informing us about your presumption about your valuables in the safe. We apologize sincerely for any inconvenience and we would like to assure that we have checked the room carefully including the check of the room and safe lock. We are glad to inform you that we could not find any indicators that any unauthorized person has entered your room during your stay. Again I would like to strive that the wellbeing and safety of our guests are our highest concern and that we are very sorry for the inconvenience. We would be happy to welcome you again as our guest and your next visit will be as pleasant as the previous one..

Reviewed 2 March 2020 via mobile

The rooms were spacious and clean, the food (both breakfast and lunch) was delicious! The location is perfect for tourist since it’s located near checkpoint Charlie. I would choose this hotel if I will visit Berlin again.

Date of stay: February 2020
Trip type: Travelled with family
2  Thank Andmado
Benedikt Heydweiller, Other at Mercure Hotel & Residenz Berlin Checkpoint Charlie, responded to this reviewResponded 3 March 2020

Thank you so much for this great feedback and the amazing remarks on the sooms. We are very happy that you felt so comfortable with us and that you really enjoyed our amenities.

My team and I are looking forward to welcoming you back as a guest hopefully soon.

Reviewed 21 February 2020 via mobile

Family premium rooms are large and modern, nice touches with robes and coffee machine. Amazing, powerful shower. Central location and close to u-bahn stops. Restaurant food was mediocre so only ate there once. But would recommend hotel.

Date of stay: August 2019
Trip type: Travelled with family
2  Thank Need_more_free_time
Benedikt Heydweiller, Other at Mercure Hotel & Residenz Berlin Checkpoint Charlie, responded to this reviewResponded 25 February 2020

Thank you very much for the positive review, the great remarks on the room in particular and the recommendation.

We really hope to be able to welcome you again as our guest.

Reviewed 13 February 2020

This hotel is located just around the corner from Checkpoint Charlie. It is just far enough away to avoid the main tourist areas though so is in a quiet location.
We stayed in a double superior room that was in the Residenz part of the hotel. The room was huge with a sofa bed, toilet and kitchenette on one level then a large double bed and bathroom up some stairs.
Staff were very friendly and there was a nice bar in the main part of the hotel next door.
As this hotel is centrally located, it is ideal for exploring the sights of Berlin. You can walk to most sights or take the U Bahn. Taxis are not too expensive either.
We would certainly stay here again should we return to Berlin.

Date of stay: January 2020
2  Thank spikeymires
H3120-GM, Manager at Mercure Hotel & Residenz Berlin Checkpoint Charlie, responded to this reviewResponded 16 February 2020

Thank you so much for this great feedback. I am very pleased that you rated us highest and are delighted that you really enjoyed your stay with us and the room in particular. Our guests deserve the best.

It is of great importance to us that you were satisfied with our services. The positive remarks on the staff made us very happy and after I gladly passed on the results to my team, I would like to say a sincere “thank you” on their behalf.

We hope to welcome you as our guest soon again.

Jessica Matschke
Assistant Manager

Reviewed 9 February 2020 via mobile

We stayed here on our last stop during a week of visiting Christmas Markets in Germany. Room was very large and fun bar on the main floor.

Prior to arriving I had lost my US passport. I needed help filling out the online emergency application and printing it out at the hotel. The young lady at the front desk went out of her way to help me and I was able to get the replacement one at the US Embassy within 24 hours.

So thankful for her help!!

Date of stay: December 2019
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
2  Thank jack_b1
H3120-GM, Manager at Mercure Hotel & Residenz Berlin Checkpoint Charlie, responded to this reviewResponded 9 February 2020

We highly appreciate and value your feedback and consider it a highlight in our daily routine as hosts. On behalf of our staff and management, we are very pleased that you gave us the highest ratings. We will gladly pass along this top reviews and lovely remarks on our services to the respective staff members and employees. Your satisfaction both validates our team’s dedicated daily efforts and highly motivates us to keep striving for excellent services in the future. We are very happy that you felt so comfortable with us.

Jessica Matschke