3 people are viewing this hotel
Hotels.comUS$82
FindHotelUS$81
MercureUS$86
3,780 results
All reviews checkpoint charlie check point charlie great hotel quiet street around the corner huge room coffee machine excellent location sitting area sofa bed walking distance euros per person central location walk in shower mini bar tourist attractions city break
Selected filters
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Good location, quiet and a big room. Would probably recommend although despite covid, the rooms etc are only cleaned every other day which we were only told after the first night, the sanitising station at reception was empty on arrival & departure. €7.20 for one litre of water at reception is somewhat unreasonable.

Date of stay: September 2021
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 21 August 2021 via mobile

good position indeed, but actually the hotel applies an incredible and not correct policy not doing any cleaning in the rooms due to COVID-19, they say!
it’s absolutely incorrect and they do not notice on website and of course not reducing the price.
we asked for explication and anybody gives us a credible reason for that.
is professionally and commercially not T the level of this brand.
do not book till they apply this policy

Room tip: boycott this hotel
Date of stay: July 2021
Trip type: Travelled with family
Ulrike Bock, General Manager at Mercure Hotel & Residenz Berlin Checkpoint Charlie, responded to this reviewResponded 8 September 2021

Dear Sherpa03784094435, I am very sad to read about your insatisfaction with our services. Please accept my sinceres apologies for that and also for the belated answer. Inorder to find a correct compensation for all this, please contact me at the hotel directly. I am sure that we can find a solution that can will meet your expectations.
Sincerely, Ulrike Bock, General Manager

Reviewed 15 August 2021 via mobile

This hotel is just few minutes from Checkpoint Charlie. The rooms are spacious, some with the balcony. The hotel is quiet and clean. You can also use a garage around the corner (20 eur/night). Lidl supermarket and Stadt Mitte U-Bahn station are within 500 metres.

Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 14 August 2021

Centrally located near main attractions and lots of public transports options...
You can start your discovery from here easily and the surroundings are quiet later at night
Rooms are clean & spacious, personnel is kind and helpfull and the breakfast nice to start the day.
What else... ?

Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com
1  Thank Manu P
Reviewed 14 August 2021

I really like Germany. I feel very good every time I go there. Mercure contributes a lot to this feeling of well-being. I enjoyed a warm welcome and attentiveness from the staff, who met all my expectations. I thank them all. I had a great time in Berlin. A relaxing weekend where I went sightseeing. Every time I return to my room to rest, I feel like I am at home. Thank you!

Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com

Dear Globetraveller898, happy to read that you like Berlin and you felt home in our hotel. That is what we are working for.
Always welcome, sincerely Ulrike Bock, General Manager