All reviews common room checkpoint charlie young people hop on hop off tour bus check point bed dorm jewish museum metro station location is great five minute walk comfortable beds central berlin supermarket plugs luggage topography terror
Reviewed 22 August 2017 via mobile

After reading so many bad reviews I was sceptical about this hostel!
It did not disappoint the staff were all very attentive! The hostel was very clean and provided amazing services such as a free printing service a free luggage storage service after check out and a laundry service! Would highly recommend this hostel! Such a good location Aswell!

Stayed: August 2017, travelled with friends
1  Thank Rebekah F
Reviewed 15 August 2017 via mobile

Took 30 minutes to check in with antiquated form filling and inefficient processes.

Then upon receiving my room, I went to me room to find the key card didn't work - others in the room let me in and said to ask reception for a manual key.

However reception refused as others had lost keys previously and they were unsure when the technician was coming out to fix it - therefore the only solution would be to ask reception to let me into the room every time I wanted to get in. Waiting at least 30 mins to get into my room, whilst reception does its (slow) thing and what about when/if I need the bathroom during the night?

I pointed this out, expressing my desire for independence, to come and go as I please and to not have to wait a long time each time I wanted to get into my room. This didn't seem to be an issue to the staff - only when I asked did they manage to find me a bed in another room but then asked me not to tell others in the room?!?!

In addition, beds are uncomfortable and room hot. Curtains do not cover windows to block out light. Bathrooms not stocked with soap or hand towels.

Generally tired hostel, poorly maintained with poor customer service.

Save yourself time, sleep and comfort - stay somewhere else.

Stayed: August 2017, travelled solo
Reviewed 8 August 2017 via mobile

I stayed 4 nights in an 8-bed dorm and would not stay again simply because the heat stopped me sleeping and there was no aircon. The lockers are big enough to fit a full size travelling backpack in, which was needed because the door was propped open at night to get a breeze through.

The hostel was clean enough and the location was convenient as there's lots to see in Kreuzberg. The facilities were basic but worked, the hostel vibe felt like a hospital and the atmosphere was dead.

The sensory lights in the bathroom go off after 2 minutes so don't shower at night to cool down because it'll soon be pitch black.

Stayed: May 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 8 August 2017

Awful reception service, arrived at 6pm waited for about 10 minutes to be served and then spent over an hour checking in while missing nearly all of our first day. I and my 4 friends originally booked into a 10 bed dorm room. After handing over passports and paying, the man at the desk told us there was an issue and one person had to sleep in another room alone. So we asked if he could change it so that we were a 2 and a 3. After about 45 minutes of silence we asked if it was looking possible. No apologies just that it was "complicated", then back to the silence.
Eventually he said we could all stay together for the first night but 2 people would have to check out then back in again the next day and move into another room for the remaining nights. When it came to the next night we did as told but another man behind the desk told us we could stay together and check out and in the next night. Finally on the third night it was only possible to stay if one person stayed alone in another room.
All that waiting for nothing. Be careful to check that you are getting what you book for before you hand over your money and factor in a lot of time to check in!

Room Tip: Make sure to leave a LOT of time to check in and make sure you have what you booked for before handing over your money.
  • Stayed: August 2017, travelled with friends
Reviewed 3 August 2017 via mobile

Had dried blood on the top bunk mattress. Room without ventilation, stinky and dirty. Was very difficult to sleep because of the hot weather and the smell. Small bathroom, with only three showers and 2 toilets. In addition, staff was very unfriendly.

Stayed: August 2017, travelled solo