See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 31 October 2016

Me and my wife went to Berlin and had this amazing time with Kathrin and her staff. The room, number 7, had a big comfortable bed and a big window, so we could refresh the air inside. The place is cleaned in a regular basis and breakfast is really good, more than we were expecting.

The surrounding area has everything one may need. Supermarket just around the corner, U-Bahn station a couple of minutes away and lots of bars, restaurants, liquor stores, etc.

Will definitely be there again when returning to Berlin.

Date of stay: September 2016
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank Christian D
Reviewed 8 September 2016

My boyfriend and I stayed at this hostel for 7 nights and thought it was super. We were greeted by the lovely Kathrin who welcomed us, showed us around the hostel and gave us good advice on places to go and things to see.

Lekkerurlaub is lovely, clean, comfortable and affordable. It's only a 5 minute walk away from the U Bahn and close to lots of restaurants and bars. The hostel had really fast wifi AND a breakfast bar full of delicious food too. It's a place I would gladly return to. Thank you Kathrin!!

Room tip: Some rooms have steps up to the bed so if you can't use stairs make sure you choose a room without them.
Date of stay: September 2016
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 22 August 2016 via mobile

Overall this place was great but the most important thing to explain is that both room 4 and room 5 have beds that you need to get to by climbing (I'm not sure if this is the case in other rooms but it is worth enquiring). We stayed in room 4 which had steep stairs leading up to the bed but there was no rail and the stairs creaked. This is no good if you want to go to the toilet in the middle of the night or if you have knee or hip problems! The mattress was incredibly uncomfortable as well so as a consequence we didn't sleep very well. Having said that, there are a lot of positives: the hostel is impeccably clean, the owner is extremely friendly, the coffee is excellent, there is free wifi which had a great connection, the shower had a rainfall head which was amazing, the decor is incredibly quirky and bright, there is an honesty bar/fridge, it's in a great location between two stops on the U8, it's close to some nice casual restaurants. They just need to sort out the mattress for future guests and advertise that some beds are only accessible by steep stairs or ladders!

Date of stay: August 2016
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 4 July 2016 via mobile

One of the bests hostels I've been. Fast wi-fi, delicious breakfast and super tranquil atmosphere. Ideal if you're looking for a place to rest. Katheerine is a sweatheart and the neighborhood is nice as well.

Date of stay: June 2016
Trip type: Travelled solo
Reviewed 20 February 2016

I was very impressed with Kathrin and her wonderful hostel. It was exactly what I was looking for - something a bit different and an escape from the clinical box-like feel of so many budget hotels. The decor is lovely and quirky, it feels very clean and well-loved and my room was just amazing. I loved the bunk bed and climbing the ladder to the stars! It is perfectly located, with lots of good eating places nearby. I would definitely recommend, and hope to return in future!

Room tip: Bunk bed in no.5 - great fun!
Date of stay: February 2016