“When you get tired of schnitzels this is the place”
Review of La Tia Rica

La Tia Rica
Ranked #105 of 9,635 Restaurants in Berlin
Cuisines: Chilean, Mediterranean, Spanish, Wine Bar
Dining options: After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Charlottenburg
Description: La tia rica, close to Savignyplatz offers chilean gourmet food and wine. Apart from excellent Chilean specialities we offer a nice atmosphere and large selection of Chilean wines
Reviewed 18 July 2018 via mobile

When You get tired of schnitzels and sauerkraut I can really recommend La Tia Rica. Excellent vine list and a good exposure of the vines in a bookchelf. An interesting menu with a lot of influences from South America. We hade the mixed tapas plate as first course and then the Iberico cottlett and tuna for second. All very well presented and delicious. But best of all were the staff, very service minded and had good attention of our table. Price level low compared to the experience.

2  Thank JMSwede

Reviewed 9 July 2018 via mobile

After having a recommendation we headed for a dinner to this Chilean restaurant in Berlin City West. The place seemed to be quite popular. The staff welcomed us friendly and presented the menu very thoroughly. As starters we had some Chilean tapas (ceviche, quiche, aubergines, ham, veggies etc.). The portion was huge, would have been enough for three.
The main course was chicken fillet with a sort of risotto made of quinoa and mango. It was a very tasty and beautiful dish. Special mention for the raspberries and red currants that added nice freshness to the portion.
The dessert was papaya with ice cream; fresh and light.
The service was quick and friendly during the evening. Price for the generous meal and drinks (2 sparkling wines, water, glass of red wine and cafe americano)was about 80 euros; pretty reasonable, I would say.

1  Thank HL65
Reviewed 1 July 2018 via mobile

The portions were very generous, even for a hungry Norwegian family. The waiter was super patient and both the fish and meat dishes were tasty and well prepared! International food and a lokal feeling!

1  Thank Gro S
Reviewed 20 June 2018

Best dinner during our June 2018 Berlin visit. We split an appetizer platter (19 Euros) plus dessert and was ample food for us. Really friendly staff, very clean and modern toilets, and tasty fresh cuisine. Absolutely worth a visit.

2  Thank Jan_from_Atlanta
Reviewed 19 June 2018 via mobile

I was in Berlin for a few days, when I found out about a restaurant with chilean food I was really excited because I'm from Chile. The host wasn't really nice, it was raining and we didn't have a reservation and it was around 19:00, but it was almost empty and he said he could give us a table until 20:00 like he was doing a favor... He is chilean and wasn't very welcoming towards a compatriot... The waiters were really kind, the food was just eatable, little bit tasteless. I order a "pastel de choclo", with no corn flavor, I have bought better "pastel de choclo" at supermarket back home in Chile. I didn't finish the dish... I bought a pizza through a delivery app, and it was way much better.
Probably you will like this food just if don't know how real chilean food tastes.