“Wundebar!! Fantastico! ”

Price range: US$5 - US$18
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, After-hours, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Friedrichshain
Description: A small family restaurant with 5 table and 18 seatplaces. With the nice and warm weather we have also 5 table outside.only cash
Reviewed 4 April 2016 via mobile

Awesome TRUE Italian restaurants not far from the east side village neighborhood.

First of all, high quality menù with very honest price, mostly if you consider that we're in Berlin.

Service, led by Giulia, is very fast and warm and she can help you explaining all the menù if you need guidance, also for non Italian guests.

The restaurant has few tables inside (and some more on the outside during spring /summer period) but it's very cleverly decorated and cozy.
It's very suggested to book the table as on Friday and Saturday it's always full.

Let's talk about what we ordered:
First Appetizer with octopus with tomatoes, poppy seeds, Cumber and peperoni. All very balanced and tasteful.
Second appetizer classical bruschetta with tomatoes and basilic (no garlic.. Finally one that it does it at the old fashioned and simpliest way)...very good!
Main dish was a double pappardelle with ragout of sausage (salsiccia).. Excellent in quantity and quality.

As dessert I took a pannacotta with peach homemade jam that had a soft sweet taste given by the very well made jam.

Oh I forgot... I've taken also an Americano before dining and was very good.

I'm usually a bit distrustful on dining in Italian restaurants when abroad but let me say I was really surprised this time.

Have I been lucky? Don't think so..

Price under the average if you consider that you're in Berlin and eating Italian quality food.

If you're in Berlin it deserve a visit.
I will return for sure.

1  Thank mx_pl

Reviewed 4 February 2016

This is a very small restaurant, run by a charming and friendly Italian couple. Just the two, he cooks, she serves. She told us that the restaurant's name, which is in Italian or Italian dialect means "Eat and Shut up!" The food, like the service, was excellent. Give it a go, if you like good food!. You may need to book - we did.

Reviewed 14 December 2015

They do a bargain 3 course Italian lunch for 7.50 euros. Fresh home made pastas. Fresh ingredients. Unbeatable. Great people. Great food. Went back for dinner. We had lovely fresh oysters. I had a superb, tasty, very tender large rib eye steak with cavalo nero. One of my favourite places to eat anywhere. Just go.

Reviewed 12 October 2015

Delicious food served in a very small place with welcoming personnel. It is a family business place where you can enjoy few Italian dishes together with nice wines. If you are lucky and is not cold or rainy you can seat outside where they have few tables.

Reviewed 3 October 2015 via mobile

I went with my parents and brother to this lovely little place. Where the service is excellent and the food is lovely and tasty. They have Both German and English menu card. Remember to make a reservation since they only have 4 tables and bring cash since the do not accept credit card. Definitely coming back