“Perfect location, modern hotel, relaxed urban luxury”
Review of Lux 11

Lux 11
Ranked #218 of 633 Hotels in Berlin
Reviewed 4 February 2011

The hotel is just as described at their website. Our room was a corner room on the last floor, as I had requested. Early check-in was a piece of cake, and all of the receptionists were very polite and the service was really good. The truth is that personnel have a very good base...a really nicely decorated hotel, sunny spacious room, modern environment. The room had a small kitchen with a coffee-machine. This was really appreciated! Service was really what I would expect for a 4-star hotel. I've read in another review about the sportsclothes the receptionists wear. Well, as it seems this is rather subjective, but I really liked their outfit. It helped me feel more relaxed, instead of the standard "secretary" look receptionists usually have. Speaking of subjectiveness..Regarding the modern shower that is separated with a glass and mirror from the rest of the room. It is not a big deal really, even if you travel with friends, since there are so easy ways not to have view of the person in the shower, ...watching TV, lying in bed, surfing the internet from the desk, see the beautiful view from the windows..The heating system is another thing I really enjoyed. Not only the heater is modern, but the room was so warm and sleep was so resting. I can't say really how much I like everything about the room. Check-in, check-out process were fast and smooth. The location is so convenient, too. Drawbacks? Well, usually there are some. 1) Internet is not free, which is strange for our days and for the capital city of Germany, 2) the price is rather high for Berlin, since breakfast was not included in the 130euros/night for a "deluxe" type of room (this was a special disount offer, which means that rooms cost even more)-this is expensive for Berlin, I think. 3) Everythink in the mini bar is charged..to the pricey side...4) no room service after 23:00, 5) only half of the towels were replaced with clean (3-nights stay), and the used shampoo/shower gel was not replaced two days in a row (certainly we asked and we were given)! Besides the things I didn't like, which I consider minor, I would go back to this hotel, even if it was just to see the view from that sunny room.

• Stayed: January 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank eAnele

Reviewed 23 January 2011

Stayed at the hotel several times. During the last 2 years prices rose (at least during fair-season) rapidly - so I no longer go there. The location of the hotel is just perfect. - right in the heart of "Mitte" so close to the interesesting shopping area of Münzstrasse etc. It´s a hstorical building with modern interior. The staff is young, friendly, cool and helpful. The interior is "design-driven" with a lot of concrete - so not everyones taste.. Personally I like concrete very much - but during winter the room doesn´t appear cosy at all.. Another thing I don´t like is the shower which is more or less right beside of the bed (though it looks cool), I never find the right light-switch and breakfast ist according to the hotel-standard poor. Once they ran out of milk for the coffee at 8 o clock in the morning - not acceptable.. Better take your breakfast somewhere else - there are attractive options just a few steps away.

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled on business
Reviewed 7 November 2010

Our trip to Berlin was dampened by the weather. Raining on two of the three days that we were there, it was literally a washout.
BUT! Thank god we booked a suite at the Lux 11. From the welcome at the casual chic reception to the supersized and designed room we got, I'd have to say that our hotel was the highlight of our stay.
Location is also very good, and when it stopped raining, we'd rush out to the nearby Mitte area, which to me is the epitome of modern Berlin - interesting, edgy and very very very cool.

• Stayed: September 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 10 September 2010

Went to IFA recently and stayed here with a colleague, I only stayed one night but he had been there for 6 and agrees that it was a very nice relaxing and high quality hotel. The only issue I had was having to walk down to the laundry room to iron my shirt.... in a room that is very well equipped I found it surprising that there was no iron/ironing board!?!... Overall the room design and quality was very good.

• Stayed: September 2010, travelled on business
Reviewed 8 August 2010

The check in staff was friendly but the check in lobby feels like being in a gym as staff is dressed in Adidas outfits (?). We had booked a suite (room 417) but the room had no no air-condition while cheaper rooms apparently had?. The bathroom lights did not work & still were not working the next day after we complained. When complaining for the 2nd time a nigh tstaff member apologized and offered us complimentary breakfast. The nexT morning staff denied this, stated that their computer system could not handle free breakfast and refused to contact the night staff person as he was sleeping. After some arguing we left them to sort it out. They initially deducted 1 scrambled eggs from our bill, what a joke and then only after complaining again they finally took breakfast of our bill.
Other negatives were wireless internet use is not free, wireless log in on iPhone didn't work and staff not willing to help (must be your iPhone!).
The positives were lot's of windows in room 417 but it can be noisy as you have to keep the windows open at night to get some air in the room. The room was spacious and they brought extra towels at request.
A real plus was restaurant Luchs downstairs with good food and friendly staff

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled as a couple