All reviews two flights of stairs min walk other guests train station europe internet transport
Reviewed 9 August 2017 via mobile

Well,

My experience of this hotel is not good!

First of all the staff didn't speak English (but I guess Russian works) so they were not that interested to assist me, my family and my friend.

The rooms are tiny and has NO ventilation at all, so when you come back to the hotel after a long summer walk through beautiful Berlin, you will walk into a sauna. And my friend got a room without a toilet.

Not only was it uncomfortable that there is no ventilation in the corridor also, but after walking up the stairs to the first floor I felt a smell of old dry urine, like someone had urinated on the carpet. Oh, and keep in mind there is no elevator in the building.

And the WiFi doesn't work properly due to that the hotel and all of the other routers around is using the same channel to send signals though which creates conflicts between routers, which results in the my phone couldn't connect to the internet.

And one of the neighbors ( club ) plays music to 03:00 in the morning, and that's free of charge . This was a night between a Saturday to Sunday. All the other nights was quiet, except for the morning when some of the neighbors felt to slam around with the garbage bin.

And when we where going to check out, my friend went to talk to the receptionist to ask what time we needed to leave the hotel. Even if there is a sign telling guests to check out at 12 o'clock, the receptionist told my friend which is around the age of 50 to check out at 11:45.

When my friend pointed out that the sign said 12 o'clock she told him to hand over the keys to his room, but me and my family could check out at 12 o'clock.

After stress back to the hotel with a child on 4 years. So I gave my friend my keys so he could return them to the hotel receptionist and check us out, it just took 3 minutes for the cleaning staff to knock on the door and to tell us to leave. I felt that the experience with the staff and the hotel is so surreal that it best describes as if the Adam's Family would had run this hotel.

The only few positive points about this hotel is its location on Kantstraße, it's a 15-20 min walk to center of Kurfürstendamm, Zoologischer Garten and all the restaurants around and nearby
Savignyplatz.

My recommendations is to look somewhere else for better accommodations and there are a lot to choose from. I simply and honestly can NOT recommend this hotel, it is a no go!

I was so disappointed in this hotel so I'm sorry that I didn't take any photos of the hotel or the rooms of the hotel!

Date of stay: August 2017
Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank Roger G
Reviewed 2 November 2016 via mobile

The moment I walked in at 9pm to get my room was one miserable face to look at no satisfaction in there job no personality. The customer service is horrible. They gave me the keys and didn't explain which key opens which door. Unfortunatly I used one key which worked for some reason to open the main door into the hotel but it broke off. I told the lady and she told me it will cost 10 euros to replace it so I gave them 20 euros deposit so now I only get 10 euros back. Check out was at 12 I slept until about 1130 as I was tired and I'm not use to the time change and in travelled 30hrs with minimal rest. They woke me up by knocking at my door at 1135am saying to wake up check out is at 12 ok no problem. I take shower pack up my suitcase to leave I go to check out and what do I see probably the older miserable sister that works during the day but older and more importantly more miserable then that of the women working in the evening the night before. She said no deposit back in said what do you mean lady said 10 euro would be taken now she is hustling me for another 10 euros and then she threatened to call the police for God knows what reason I guess this is how they conduct business in Hotel Cortina. DON'T WASTE YOUR MONEY ON PEOPLE WHO DON'T APPRECIATE YOUR BUSINESS.

Date of stay: November 2016
Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank Jimmy J
Reviewed 15 September 2016

Stayed here for at least 10 days and all I can say is spend as least less time as you need to in the hotel. The bed is clean but still have some weird smell. It has wifi but it didn't worked in our room so we needed to be outside that it can work. There is of course no breakfast and no nothing. If you stay in Berlin for just 1-2 nights you can sleep there but for more nights i wouldn't recommend. The bathroom was in the hallway so it was used by everyone on the floor, and it is not really desireliable.

Room tip: Good location
Date of stay: August 2016
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
Reviewed 18 August 2016

I have stayed at Cortina several times. It is definitely more a Pension than a Hotel.
The rooms are clean. They have ok big rooms for 3 and 4 persons (good for families).
Very DDR style interior.
Make sure that your room is with private toilet if that is important for you.
There is no room for luggage storage.
My experience is that Cortinas breakfast isn´t interesting. But with plenty cafés nearby, you can buy you breakfast elsewhere.
If you don´t have any problems with the above, you will get a clean room at a good price, a fantastic location in a cosy area, very close to Savigny Platz train station, and in walking distance to the center.
I will go there again, but don´t expect more than a good budget pension.

Date of stay: July 2016
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 23 July 2016 via mobile

DONT EVER GO HERE! We looked up the hotel at hotels.com and we read that it had a 24/7 front desk so since it was quite late(22:50?) we decided to book the room and then off we went to the Hotel and arrived there about 30-45 minutes later. We rang the doorbell twice and a woman opened the door 3 minutes later looking at us very suspicioulsy. We went inside and she started going through some printed pages she had from hotels.com and then she replied to us "no room". I then presented her my email booking confirmation from hotels.com but she just replied " no room". I then told her that we booked 30-45 min prior to arrival and that it might not be in their system yet but she once again replied "no room". We've been in similar situations where the booking from hotels.com hasn't showed up in a hotels systems yet, but it never was a problem when I presented them my confirmation email. To be honest she didn't seem to care at all AKA she didn't give a damn. I spend up to 100 days a year at hotels and this was by far the worst experience EVER. To sum up our night at the hotel: Drive in anger to Rostock and then sleep in the car.

Date of stay: July 2016
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
3  Thank Morten H