The BEET! Berlin Experiential Education Tours
Review Highlights
Fanatastic Berlin experience

My wife, daughter and I were very fortunate to have Ari as our guide for a half day tour in Berlin... read more

Reviewed 31 January 2016
1963Ronnie
Melbourne, Australia
A most wonderful tour and guide

Reviewed 3 November 2015
JudiandBob
New York City, New York

See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 3 November 2015

My wife and I were very excited about our first trip to Berlin. As we have done in most Euroean cities we hired a guide for a couple of days. For our trip to Berlin we hired Richard and was he remarkable!

Richard is an American who has lived in Berlin since the early 1960's. He was employed by the Unired States Embassy in East Berlin during the 60's and 70's. His insight into the history of the city following WW 2 up until the present time enabled us to greatly appreciate this remarkable city.

At each stop during the two days we were with Richard his side-bar comments and behind the scene perspectives gave great meaning to the emergence of Berlin as a world class city.

Further, one of the things we asked Richard to focus on was an understanding of Berlin through the eyes of being Jewish. Here too he did not disappoint. He took us to areas, and showed us sites one would not be exposed to through any of the city guide books. For example, we visited Gruenwald where we got to see track 17. Track 17 was where the trains left to take the Jews from Berlin to the various concentration camps. For us, this was the most emotion part of our tour.

On a scale of 1-10, with 10 being the best, Richard was an 11 or perhaps even a 12!!!!

3  Thank JudiandBob
Reviewed 29 August 2015

Spent two days with Ari exploring Berlin and we found her level of knowledge and caring attitude very special. She asked us what we might want to see and then customized the time so that we could get even more out of our visit. We chose to do a combination of walking and public transportation and this gave us the opportunity to see lots of the Berlin moving from place to place. She even helped me track down some gifts to take back home to my parents.

1  Thank ArmonkFamily
Reviewed 27 August 2015

Ari is one of the best guides we have had in any city that we’ve visited.
Her knowledge of the major sites as well as every nook and cranny, and the history of each location, makes this tour a unique experience.
She is friendly, warm and pleasure to be with.
Could not recommend her enough!!!

1  Thank James S
Reviewed 27 August 2015

It's almost hard to call Ari and Richard just "guides" because they are truly more than that...they are caring educators who take the time to create a unique experience for your family. Ari created a fun program that not only kept my 9 and 11 year old boys engaged, but more importantly educated them on the rich history of Berlin. Richard, who is a part of living history having witnessed important cold war events, was the most interesting person we have ever encountered!! Unlike most guides who just take you from sight to sight, Ari and Richard are exhaustive in their approach to make sure everyone is learning, engaged and having fun! And as a plus, they are lovely people that we enjoyed hanging out with. Historically, I have used Abercrombie & Kent for international travel and booking guides and this was the first time I found a guide through trip advisor. And I will say, Ari and Richard are the best I have ever encountered in all my years of travel.

Los Angeles, CA

2  Thank Michele C
Reviewed 17 August 2015

My partner and I were fortunate to explore Jewish History in Berlin with Ari. She met us at our hotel with a packet of information about Berlin. We began our tour at Track 17, then walked and rode through the entire city as Ari narrated Jewish history and what happened during the Third Reich's Reign of Terror in Berlin. We ended eating ice cream with Richard, Ari's husband, who lived in Berlin when the Berlin Wall was constructed and when it came down. On a second day, Richard took us on a very informative tour of East and West Berlin, narrating historical events as he experienced them.
Ari and Richard are lovely, caring people who know Berlin's (& Germany's) history and love to share it.

4  Thank VLtrips