“Very good sushi ”

Cuisines: Japanese, Vietnamese
Neighbourhood: Mitte
Neighbourhood: Mitte
Reviewed 6 October 2017 via mobile

Order Sushi for 3. Very fresh and very good sushi.
Unfortunately the curry we ordered for the 4th person came earlier then the sushi.
Nice staff.

Reviewed 1 October 2017 via mobile

From the outside perhaps not a place you might choose by first choice but if you like sushi or vietnamese, this is certainly a contender. No all you can eat concept but you order and for the most people they are satisfied. We at the other hand order two additional rounds as it was all to our liking. Maybe the size of the sushi itself a bit too big, but i get the feeling that is either something German or something typical for Berlin. We dont complain, it is more something subjective which is worthwhile to mention. The place is clean and does have a nice casual informal feel. Easy to hang out with friends or even by yourself. Some people eat fast and leave soon others stay longer. Staff is friendly although the one who helped us had a few challenges with english but nevertheless we managed. What is nice about this place is that when you order the sushi you also get some seaweed salad and some nice good size good tasting fresh ginger. The wasabi is also served in a good portion where these elements in other sushi places are often in real small sizes or paid side dishes. Price wise it may appear a bit more expensive sushi and yes it might be, but it was fresh, tasted good, with an eye for the environment and good sized portions. We didnt have any issues with the bill at the end. Certainly a good place to visit.

Reviewed 5 September 2017 via mobile

After a long day this is exactly what I needed. Gread food with great service. I recommend sushi mix for two, it's 35€ but it worth that money.

Reviewed 2 September 2017 via mobile

My wife and I visited Golden Rice on our third night in Berlin. The restaurant is modern and very clean, right on Chausseestrasse. They do a small and large glasses of wine for very good prices, served in the correct wine glasses. The wine is of good quality. The food was delicious and really fresh and well priced. The waiter was very pleasant and friendly and we could not fault him at all. My salmon sommerollen were fantastic and the best I had in Berlin, my Pho was packed with chicken and delicious. My wife said her prawn starter was delicious and the best she had in Berlin. Her main meal was a great Vietnamese curry that was fresh and spicy and also her favourite in Berlin. Golden Rice has a great atmosphere and great food so what's not to like! Also there were a group of unrelated Vietnamese people eating in there so that also tells a story. If you are in Mitte get yourself to this place.

1  Thank David G
Reviewed 16 August 2017

Lacking a bit of atmosphere, not helped by the ongoing building work above which obscured the sign when we were looking for the place!

Portions were large and food was ok but there was just something about the place that was missing and I'm not sure what. May be the low number of people inside or the sterile/minimalist decor?

Each to their own I suppose but not my favourite.